Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Xd now charging to share prototypes

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

So now Adobe has decided to charge people to share protoypes which has put me off Xd and makes me want to switch back to Sketch.

Not happy.

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Hi Richard5C6D,

Thank you for reaching out. Sharing the prototype is still free, however, is limited to 1 link only. Please check out other details available here https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/changes-to-xd-starter-plan.ug.html

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard5C6D,

Thank you for reaching out. Sharing the prototype is still free, however, is limited to 1 link only. Please check out other details available here https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/changes-to-xd-starter-plan.ug.html

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Atul_Saini .
I'm very happy to use Xd

But I agree with @Richard5C6D , 

I know that you do a lot for us with the Starting plan of Adobe Xd.

but 1 link is very very small.

I hope you will increase it to something like 5.

But for the moment, I go to Figma.

Thanks for all Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 1 link is very tight. Maybe 3 or 5 would be more ideal. I love xD but when something like this happens in an update, it puts me off the software just alittle.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a shame, but that was going to happen sooner or later, they will not give anything for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a web developer, not a designer, and a designer send me an XD file to use. Adobe wants me to pay for it after a 7 day free trial. Is this correct? Surely there is a way for me to open it to get the necessary assets from it without buying it? I will not be using it creatively, just need to access assets and styles. So how would I do this? I dont think XD would be suitable for our designers if they cant share it with developers for no cost. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a web developer, not a designer, and a designer send me an XD file to use. Adobe wants me to pay for it after a 7 day free trial. Is this correct? Surely there is a way for me to open it to get the necessary assets from it without buying it? I will not be using it creatively, just need to access assets and styles. So how would I do this? I dont think XD would be suitable for our designers if they cant share it with developers for no cost.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines