Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Xd problem prototyping

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm making a prototype where I go from Artboard A to B and B to A. But when I go back from B to A the screen needs to be positioned on the same x and y as when the user clicked to go to Artboard B. But when I go back from B to A it goes to the top of the screen. Can I fix this? I have an image so you guys can understand it more.

Thanks heaps!Uitleggen.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Hey there. Yeah, the problem is that the second artboard is only 900px tall, so there's no way to preserve the scroll position. You also can't point to a specific scroll point on a new artboard from the previous one. "Scroll To" actions only work within the same artboard.

From what you've drawn there, it seems you can easily just use an Overlay. So Artboard B is opened as a full screen overlay, and you never really leave Artboard A, so when you go back (close the overlay), the scroll will stay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. Yeah, the problem is that the second artboard is only 900px tall, so there's no way to preserve the scroll position. You also can't point to a specific scroll point on a new artboard from the previous one. "Scroll To" actions only work within the same artboard.

From what you've drawn there, it seems you can easily just use an Overlay. So Artboard B is opened as a full screen overlay, and you never really leave Artboard A, so when you go back (close the overlay), the scroll will stay the same as before opening it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really the best workaround for now, because XD does not support the kind of functionality @uwexaver is asking for.

Someone has already created a feature request on the Adobe XD User Voice website. Anyone who would like to see this added, should upvote that feature request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33386158-previous-...

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy @Uwexawer

I would agree with ACP fellow @Spas K. – another way/workaround could look like this:Don't forget to activate «Preserve Scroll position»Don't forget to activate «Preserve Scroll position»

Select «preserve Scroll Position»

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines