Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Program Size too Large

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

The Adobe XD program size seems to be 2.73 GB on my computer saved under local disk C. I see that the application only sized 400 MG whereas the data is more than 2 GB. I use creative cloud and work with files on the cloud. I do not understand why Adobe XD data size is that large now and cannot see if it actually downloads the files I am working with locally. Is there any way to change this so that the size remains only as the application size. I only want to work through the cloud. 

Regards,

Mert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there! All of Adobe's apps, including Xd, will have to create some sort of cache on your machine in order to work. Even if you are not saving to your machine, the program has to keep some of the stuff you are working with locally.

Xd does have a bit of an issue with managing cache, although I would say 2-3 GB is not too bad. Other users (me included) have 10 or more GB of cache on our machines.

I've discussed a way of cleaning it, without resetting your program (which will remove it, but also remove plugins and settings), in this thread. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, as it's just under 3GB for now, which isn't too much. Maybe if it gets to 10-12, you can clean it. It's mostly thumbnails and exports that are saved and not cleared after (for some reason). Your actual files are still on the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines