• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD QA team

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to the size and composition of the QA team for the XD product. It seems to my unschooled eyes as though a lot of pretty big bugs make it into releases. Does inadequate QA cause bugs to go unnoticed until users find them, or are releases done in spite of major bugs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brycef46143366, I understand your frustration here. The XD team does its best to ensure that an update has no major bugs that affects user experience with the product. All bugs reported thereafter are prioritized and addressed as soon as possible. Can you list down the issues that you are facing with XD so that we can better address your question?

Thakns,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul. You need only search the forums for my posts by name. Why would you ask me to list all of the problems again, here? That's entirely too common an approach for the XD team - asking the user to do the QA, asking the user to describe the problem over and over again. Honestly, your best is not nearly good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your frustration.

You'd assume an application like this should at least have its act together. But the truth is that no developer can fully anticipate all the different configurations and actions users will use and apply in a real world situation. And then there are also a lot of issues outside of the team's reach – like trouble with being properly signed in (authentication) and having a correctly installed application (app deployment and management).

As errors and bugs surface, they're being put on a list for a solution. But this kind of work is like a scheduled train service. It runs on regular intervals, and any late-coming or surplus passengers will have to wait for the next train. (Adobe is probably using some Agile Sprint workflow.) Most of the non-lethal bugs are simply collected and handled that way. It's business as usual fo the developers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines