Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD - Repeat grid and wires connection problems

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

i am pretty new in this but i have two problems and just can't solve it. 

1. When i copy paste the repeat grid to put on the mobile board and i make it small just the part i need and than when i click ungroup grid i got the whole table again, so i need to ungroup and delete the ones i don't need. 

2. Than comes the next problem when i can't connect them especially the boards that are longer, for example longer than viewport high 664.

With some of them i don't have the option for animation.

Thank you for your help !!!! 🙂

For Stevan pict 1.pngFor Stevan pict 2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks like you are following the correct workflow however the outcome is different from what I got when I tried reproducing this. Could you please try this on a new file and check if it happens on a new file as well or with this specific file?

Repeat grid2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried reproducing the same and would like to share my findings. Let say you have a repeat grid of 5 square boxes and when you copy that to mobile artboard you only want 3 of them so please ensure to reduce the grid accurately to 3 grids as it tends to round off. I have attached a GIF demonstrating the same:

Repeat-Grid.gif

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

thank you so much for your answer and finding time to make also this video. My problem is that i have repeat grid in the document from the artboard for website and the repeat grid i want to copy it is the artboard for mobile. I copy the repeat grid, paste and just like you i make it ajust it and make it smaller. But that when i click ungroup on that i got all the content like from the original artboard, even if i already made it smaller.

So insteat doing all over again i just ungroup from the arboard i need it and took the one box that i need it, put it in my artboard for mobile, ajust it and that use the repeat grid option.

But i wanted to know what i was doing wrong before and why i can see the whole spreadsheet when i already adjust it the green line(reapeat grid)  and made it smaller.

Hope with this video you can understand what am I talkng about.

Thank you!!!!!ezgif-3-49e51db8d187.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks like you are following the correct workflow however the outcome is different from what I got when I tried reproducing this. Could you please try this on a new file and check if it happens on a new file as well or with this specific file?

Repeat grid2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh Tiwari,

Just to let you know that i solved it! You was right with making new file!
I made new Dashboard (web version) in the document and try with also new artboard (for the mobile) and it was working perfectly.

I think that blue line that was seeing before was maybe because i was trying before to group the all the boxes in that document and maybe i left it like that, that why was this blue line when i was copy paste the repeat grid part.... That is my opinion...

Thank you so much for your help !!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines