Highlighted

Adobe XD showing up blurry when sharing for review

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm running into some import issues with XD that I hope someone can help me with.

I have two PSDs, same file setting for both files. I made JPEGs out of both of them to import into Adobe XD. I exported them 3 times the size in Photoshop so they are high resolution in XD. When I share my XD link with my client, one of the jpegs end up being super blurry while the other one retain it's high resolution. I believe it's something to do with the export setting in Photoshop but they are both exported the same way! Please note all the other elements in my presentation remained very high res, except for that one jpegs. I tried carrying all my layers from the PSD that's exporting the blurry jpegs into the PSD that exports high res jpegs and it solved the issue. But the thing is that, majority of my project is built with the low res PSD and I can't help but think there's a setting that can fix this issue. but yet again both PSDs are created using the same settings and bits. 

Is there a view setting I need to explore in Adobe XD? Or is there a setting I need to change in Photoshop?

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kenneth Kawamoto | Adobe Community Professional

I have the same issue. I figured out that it's to do with the size of the image (i.e. nothing to do with the JPEG compression level). Your good example is 3,240px height while the bad example is 14,514px height. I bet if you crop the bad image to 2,000px height and re-import, the image quality in the web preview would be good.

About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Better image interpolation for device/web preview – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

This needs fixed or the web preview feature is useless

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD showing up blurry when sharing for review

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm running into some import issues with XD that I hope someone can help me with.

I have two PSDs, same file setting for both files. I made JPEGs out of both of them to import into Adobe XD. I exported them 3 times the size in Photoshop so they are high resolution in XD. When I share my XD link with my client, one of the jpegs end up being super blurry while the other one retain it's high resolution. I believe it's something to do with the export setting in Photoshop but they are both exported the same way! Please note all the other elements in my presentation remained very high res, except for that one jpegs. I tried carrying all my layers from the PSD that's exporting the blurry jpegs into the PSD that exports high res jpegs and it solved the issue. But the thing is that, majority of my project is built with the low res PSD and I can't help but think there's a setting that can fix this issue. but yet again both PSDs are created using the same settings and bits. 

Is there a view setting I need to explore in Adobe XD? Or is there a setting I need to change in Photoshop?

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kenneth Kawamoto | Adobe Community Professional

I have the same issue. I figured out that it's to do with the size of the image (i.e. nothing to do with the JPEG compression level). Your good example is 3,240px height while the bad example is 14,514px height. I bet if you crop the bad image to 2,000px height and re-import, the image quality in the web preview would be good.

About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Better image interpolation for device/web preview – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using Adobe XD. We'd like to confirm a few more details like:

• What is the resolution (width and height) of both the PSD's file?
  • What method are you using to save the JPEG in Photoshop?

Please check out this article for how to export the assets https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703 By Elaine.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika!

Thank you very much for reaching out to me! I have attached the image settings for the two PSDs. The "Good" is exporting the high res JPEGs and the "Bad"is exporting low res JPEGS. Please note, when I import both these into XD, it looks really crisp but the moment it is shared with my client through the web, the "bad" Jpeg becomes blurry.

GOOD.pngBAD.png

I usually export using the "save the web" method but that setting wont let me export 3 times the size. The reason I need to export 3 times the size is that when my cilent zooms into the XD, the image appears crisp. Therefore right now I am exporting using File>export as and change the setting to 3Xs.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 2.09.24 PM.png

Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you again for helping out Harshika!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Anna. I'd request you to please change the resolution to 300 and while exporting the image, make sure the quality is 100% as shown in the screenshot below:

Please try that and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Reques...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 4
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've created a prototype for design review with client and everything, including vector elements, as well as live text seem to be appearing blurry. I don't think I've encountered this before with my previous prototypes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rene,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We can surely test this on our end so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the OS.
  2. Are the text and images blurry while previewing on the XD app?
  3. Have you tested it on a different browser?
  4. Do you use an external monitor along with the primary screen?
  5. Please share a screenshot of how the preview looks at your end? 
  6. Will it be possible for you to share the link with us so that we can test this on our end? If yes, you can DM us the link, please add this discussion link in the subject while sending DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing.  All text, vector, and svg looks blurry. I do have some png icons in there from Material Icons, but even so, they looks about the same as the vector stuff.

Look fine in the app (XD) but in browser review (Chrome latest), blurry.

XD 33.1.12.4
MacOs 10.15.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0