Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD showing up blurry when sharing for review

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm running into some import issues with XD that I hope someone can help me with.

I have two PSDs, same file setting for both files. I made JPEGs out of both of them to import into Adobe XD. I exported them 3 times the size in Photoshop so they are high resolution in XD. When I share my XD link with my client, one of the jpegs end up being super blurry while the other one retain it's high resolution. I believe it's something to do with the export setting in Photoshop but they are both exported the same way! Please note all the other elements in my presentation remained very high res, except for that one jpegs. I tried carrying all my layers from the PSD that's exporting the blurry jpegs into the PSD that exports high res jpegs and it solved the issue. But the thing is that, majority of my project is built with the low res PSD and I can't help but think there's a setting that can fix this issue. but yet again both PSDs are created using the same settings and bits. 

Is there a view setting I need to explore in Adobe XD? Or is there a setting I need to change in Photoshop?

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

I have the same issue. I figured out that it's to do with the size of the image (i.e. nothing to do with the JPEG compression level). Your good example is 3,240px height while the bad example is 14,514px height. I bet if you crop the bad image to 2,000px height and re-import, the image quality in the web preview would be good.

About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Better image interpolation for device/web preview – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue here, spend hours then realize WHERE is problem, obviusly big images are compressed, there is no option or checkbox to switch off this compression or set it up. Big shame for adobe fix something like this is lasting for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this ticket marked as "solved". We still have the issue. Adobe: Get some developers on this please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm talking about:

XD bug 1.png

This was sent to us by one of our testers. Apparently it happened to at least three people, we know one of them uses Chrome on Windows.

And here's what it's supposed to look like (and does look like when viewing locally):

XD bug.png

Any ideas what could be the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Ask the user/tester to update his Browser or switch to another one. Looks like a rendering issue of the blurred shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share the prototype link with us for testing? If yes, you can DM the link to me by clicking on my name and then "Send Message". We'll also need the version XD. We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming that this issue is still happening despite being marked as resolved.  The resolution is simply not a resolution.  If images are going to be drastically altered at specific heights then why not just be upfront with us about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad I am not the only one seeing this, XD was working fine but everything is now fuzzy when rpeviewing and I am having to revert to send jpg files to my customers - crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Still having this issue in August 2021. NOT resolved - the "Correct" answer is a workaround that none of us should have to do. 😃

See for yourself on this prototype I made today.

@Rishabh_Tiwari @elainecc @HARSHIKA_VERMA @Preran @Atul_Saini there are 5 of you Adobe peeps involved on this thread and you're all allowing it to be "Solved"??? =(

This thread is 2 years old now. I understand there are endless bug fixes but fast prototyping is Xd's entire value proposition. Screenshots and images I can find on the interwebs or that my company has at the ready to plop into my prototype are fast. I expect I can drop them into Xd with no issues AND that the live preview within Xd reflects what people will see in the browser preview.

Happy to help more if needed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kenneth Kawamoto @annat72027643 since you were some of the originators - are you still doing Kenneth's labor-intensive workaround? Do you do something else now? Do you still even use Xd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the image quality is awful - but then you are showing a large image, which is not what XD is designed for. (Sketch was even worse back then, just render a preview with a big image took minutes not seconds - had it improved since, anyone...?)

I don't use huge screenshot for my work personally at the moment but I do understand this is a big issue when you do.

This is for Adobe to fix. Please chip in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue right at this moment and I instaled last version few minutes ago. Do you have any advice how to solve this issue except narrowing the size to 2048x 2048 px which is unacceptable. At the end this software should be used for creating the websites not Instagram posts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is your image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have the same problem, someone solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the length of the jpg for some odd reason...If I use one long jpg, 1920x5848px, it looks awful in the browser but if I use the same size XD file but chop the psd file into a few jpgs it looks great at 5848px length, which makes no sense to me. It just can't render long images...

This should definitely be fixed, because chopping up a psd file into smaller jpgs and putting together in XD is a nightmare..

Will this be fixed Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try your 1920 x 5848 JPEG in Figma and apply some transitions - you'll see how that performs. You would never use that size JPEG in your actual web/app (well, you should not) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ya, I'm playing around with Figma, I should try that...But it's long scrolling website, not a web app and I've been designing them for 15 years. They get much longer even, as website do, but it should really work like you said.

I could just design in XD from the beginning but I grew up on Photoshop so I work so quickly...Let's hope they fix this... Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I not use something that long in your opinion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A real web page can be any size/length. But they never be a single JPEG. They are HTML = dynamically generated view consists of images, texts, videos, and any other visual elements, often pulled in from databases.
You cannot replicate that in XD using a single humongous JPEG (nor in Figma nor Sketch).

You'd need to think how to present your concept in a modular/succinct way instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save the file out as an SVG and place it in XD the blur of the file goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using incorrect image dimensions or low resolution usually causes blurry photos.. If it didn't help, try this solution:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38269462-about-low-image-quali...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines