• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe XD shutdown while in use. What's the problem?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using adobe xd for work and have used it since last year. But I feel very uncomfortable because it turns off too often during use. In most cases, it turns off by moving the cursor, zooming, or moving the image. It even turns off at the same time as the program runs.

I have this problem as many as 30 times a day. And even though I have sent almost 50 reports to Adobe since last year, it is still not getting better. What the hell is the problem? Even though I have tried hard enough to report the problem, Adobe seems to have little willingness to solve it.

System information :

Windows 10 pro 64bit-Korean 18362

XD version Korean-29.0.32.13 (lastest version)

Intel i7-6700k 4Ghz non-Overclock

Samsung DDR4 16GB 21300 RAM

ASUS H170i-PRO Motherboard

nVidia Geforce GTX1070 8GB

Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

A few days ago, I solved this problem.

First, we added a new administrator account for Windows10 to run XD on that account without updating it. Surprisingly, no shutdown occurred even after more than an hour of use. I tried it just in case, but I was disappointed because it was solved so easily.

And Adobe's answer feels irresponsible. Usually, most programs, including Adobe products, determine that there is a problem with non-Windows programs. Because I know I don't think about the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. As per the details shared above, it looks like that the OS and XD build is not up to date, I'd recommend updating OS to the latest build that is Version 1909 OS Build 18363. Also, it would great if we can ensure that we have the graphic card drivers up to date as per the manufacturer's website. 

Please try these and let us know if XD still crashes, we'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago, I solved this problem.

First, we added a new administrator account for Windows10 to run XD on that account without updating it. Surprisingly, no shutdown occurred even after more than an hour of use. I tried it just in case, but I was disappointed because it was solved so easily.

And Adobe's answer feels irresponsible. Usually, most programs, including Adobe products, determine that there is a problem with non-Windows programs. Because I know I don't think about the latest version of Windows when I develop a program. Even I, not the developer, feel strange about requiring window updates because of one problem with XD. Does the minimum installation specification for XD require the latest version of Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by adding a new user account, possibly it was a permission issue. Regarding the suggestion about updating Windows, I agree with you that the minimum system requirement doesn't need the latest Windows update however it is recommended when it comes to Crashing issues, as the application can crash because of multiple reasons and not having the latest bug fixes or stability updates on OS is one of them. Having said that, thanks for sharing the feedback, this will surely help us while troubleshooting and helping other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines