• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD slow performance

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using XD since the beta days and loved every minute of it .Fast forward months after its official release , i have the free plan for it at the moment  but the performance has been awful ! , i am usung windows 10 64 bit on dell 7560 with good Nvidea graphics , the software has recently started hanging while checking out the main hamburger menu and selecting options like open recent files etc. When you try to import any kind of image its again slowing down as well taking longer to export assets . I have no clue whats wrong with it as all other adobe softwares are working perfectly fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with XD. Please let us know the following so we can investigate further:

1. What XD version are you using ?

2. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. For instance, on one machine, i am running Win10 Enterprise version 1709 , build 16299.371.

3.  Do you have a mechanical HDD?

4. Is XD hanging in other instances besides accessing the hamburger menu? For example, when working on canvas or prototyping.

5. Did it worked ok, from a performance perspective, with another recent XD version?

6. Can you please check if  GPU drivers are up to date?

It would also help us investigate further if we had more logs.

You can use the Adobe log collector tool, available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  After this tool runs, you'll see a zip file on the desktop that you can attach to an email.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

Adobe XD CC team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Adobe Creative Cloud for over a year. But since April 2018, I've been having issues with Adobe XD:

1/ It is very slow at responding, when accessing the hamburger menu or other icons, and when saving

2/ When we select an object on the design and try to change its (x, y) coordinates, by clicking on the appropriate entries on the right panel, it does not work; or when selecting the x coordinate, once we type the numbers they appear in the y box while the x remains unchanged. very strange

3/ it freezes

4/ And it also crashes sometimes.

Well, I'm paying for this package so I hope Adobe will come up with a fix once and for all. Time is money, and if we have to redo our design every time, it's not only a waste of time but also a waste of money.

FYI

I have a Windows 10.0.16299 which is obviously Build 16299, running on a 64 bits; and also, it's an i7 with a 250 GB SSD, and 8 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac or Windows? If the latter, you might want to try updating your graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s website. The behavior you’re describing really does seem like a mismatch between your OS and your graphics drivers, which ends up affecting products like XD.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine

the graphic drivers are up to date ( all other applications are working perfectly fine including non adobe ones), the issue still persists .  The purpose of XD would be lost if its not able to live up to its mark , specially for windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine

As explained further above, I'm on a Windows 10.0.16299 which is obviously Build 16299, running on a 64 bits; and also, it's an i7 with a 250 GB SSD, and 8 GB RAM; not a Mac.

Moreover, all my drivers are up to date. My always check for new drivers automatically and tells me if there are new updates available; I also do check manually, and every time I do it, everything is up to date already.

I don't think it's a mismatch between my OS and my graphics drivers because, once again, my system looks automatically for the best drivers directly from the manufacturer's website; I don't get involved. I've checked, and everything seems to be fine. However, I'm still having the same issues: freezing, crashes, unresponsive icons and inputs which force me sometimes to restart XD.

All other applications on my system work perfectly fine.

I've read similar issues, from other bloggers, going back to a couple of years already; even for other products like Photoshop CC, Ligthroom, etc. I think Adobe should tackle these issues more seriously. I don't want to be paying for products which slow me down; Competition is growing pretty fast: Protopie, Affinity and many more. I have to mention that because I'm being penalized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm,

I'm also having very strange performance slowdown w/ XD on Windows. I primary use Mac whenever I use XD, but tried it on Windows this weekend for the first time in about 3-4 months.

It's extremely slow for some strange reason with hardware that it shouldn't be; I'm running XD w/ 2 2080TIs (fastest consumer pro GPUs in the market) w/ 32GB RAM, a watercooled 6700k at 4.4ghz, and CC apps installed on a 1TB 970 PRO alongside a 1.2TB Intel 750 & 3 10TB+ Mechanical Hard Drives

I can't even create boxes or use color fills without extreme lag, which is really strange with this set-up; as a sanity check, I opened Premiere, Indesign, & Photohsop CC with zero issues; they run buttery smooth.

No plugins are installed.

1. Latest XD; uninstalled the last prerelease I had on my Windows machine (5/27/18)

2. Windows 10 Pro 1809; Intel 6700k @ 4.4GHZ, 2 2080TIs, 32GB Ram, CC installed on 1TB NVMe 970 SSD alongside a 1.2TB 750 Intel SSD 3 10TB+ hard drives.

3. I have multiple 10TB+ hard drives; all my CC apps are installed on a 1TB NVMe SSD 970 PRO SSD; formerly my 1.2TB 750 Intel SSD.
4. XD hangs even when using the zoom tool. Not the case with other CC apps I use that seems to be utilizing my GPUs just fine.
5. I dunno if I can rollback to June/July release of XD; IIRC a beta version back then that was installed alongside my latest version worked fine with my 980TIs perfectly fine; uninstalled it before updating XD and upgrading rig w/ 2080TIs

6. Using the latest drivers from Nvidia, 416.34 released 10/11/2018

cc/ elainecc​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just in case, I tried having a paging file again, put one at 4GB in one of my 10TB mechanical HD with no change seemingly, and then I changed my paging file location to one of my SSDs again and made it 'system managed'.

After a restart, XD is buttery smooth again. Perhaps this can help the original poster, kahaanb15205450​?

/cc elainecc​ & letitiacf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you! I passed this along to our team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are cheering that restarting the computer is a fix. This isn't a fix. Can you do something for windows users please.

XD works smoothly, until it doesn't, then you have to restart the machine. Rinse and repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, performance since the latest release has been dreadful, even on files that have 10 elements and one page theres huge zoom lag. Macbook 2016, 10.13.6. Add to that crashes, file corruption etc. This release is not stable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

152/5000

The same with me since this week. Files that always ran without problems are no longer editable. XD pulls 12 GB of RAM and then crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since yesterday. I even bought the plan for a year, imagine my frustration when this happened after a couple of days. A simple file with 5 artboards is slow in performance even with simple commands as zoom in/out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

Similar performance issue on Windows. Tested today both on mac and PC wit lastest updates. Both systems are core i9, 32GB Ram, dedicated graphic cards and SSD only with lastest OS and os updates available. The PC is having zoom in-out issues, the mac is perfectly fluid, on the same cloud file.

1. What XD version are you using ? Last up to date both on PC and mac: XD 35.3.12.2, CCS 4.3.71.1
  2. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. core i9 32GB Ram, NVidia RTX 2080, Win 10 Pro 20H2 all updated, Graphic drivers lastest to date GeForce 460.89
  3. Do you have a mechanical HDD? No
  4.  Is XD hanging in other instances besides accessing the hamburger menu? No Problems on burger menu, only zoom in/out
  5. Did it worked ok, from a performance perspective, with another recent XD version? I only recently tried it on PC again, had issues since the previous version and this one.
  6. Can you please check if  GPU drivers are up to date? They are, GeForce 460.89

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines