Highlighted

Adobe XD superscript error

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I love XD and was very excited about the update with new subscript/superscript but it turned out a disaster. I've made a huge table with a ton of superscript elements and it saved me a bunch of time instead of formating every superscript symbol as a separate element and I've sent it for the client review. The surprise came out of nowhere — apparently, after publishing the document all superscript tex went nuts and crazy and ruined the whole table. So, unfortunately, we a still at the same spot when all super/subscript element should be formatted separately outside the main text box. Hope it will be fixed.

Screenshot 2019-08-04 12.28.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD superscript error

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I love XD and was very excited about the update with new subscript/superscript but it turned out a disaster. I've made a huge table with a ton of superscript elements and it saved me a bunch of time instead of formating every superscript symbol as a separate element and I've sent it for the client review. The surprise came out of nowhere — apparently, after publishing the document all superscript tex went nuts and crazy and ruined the whole table. So, unfortunately, we a still at the same spot when all super/subscript element should be formatted separately outside the main text box. Hope it will be fixed.

Screenshot 2019-08-04 12.28.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This never happens with me. Did you try any other font? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this particular project I can not use different fonts but some time ago I had a similar problem just with styles: in one text block I've used colored text along with black and somehow after publishing text was messed up so I had to cut the blue lines and paste them separately. Luckily blue style was for headlines and didn't cause much trouble to fix. But this table is a pain to recreate with separate superscript parts. Maybe it happens with Cyrillic fonts?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/od9gknt0wvllisv/Screenshot%202019-08-04%2020.56.46.png?dl=0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a test file and share I will check it.Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've copied a table with superscript and tried to animate and color it and everything works fine with just two screens. But in my current document, there are more than 40 screens and maybe it is too much? I can't share that project now because of NDA but will try to recreate the issue soon and will drop a file here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am really sorry to hear about the encountered problems on what should otherwise be a productivity boosting feature. Cyrillic fonts shouldn't be the problem, especially considering that they worked fine for you all the way until you published the document.

As already mentioned on the thread, a file showcasing the problem would be really helpful, but until such a file is available we'd really like to have your input on the following questions which would help us better understand the problem:

1. Did publish damage both the local and the web published file?

2. What exactly is broken on the file? Is it that the subscript / superscript ranges are shifted within the text (for example you wanted the 14th character to be superscript, but in the document it is the 16th)?

3. Did you do incremental saves / loads of the document while you were creating it, or you did it in just one go? If it is the first option, did the text look good between the incremental loads / saves?

4. Is your text represented by a very large text object or are there multiple of them? When things got broken, did that happen for just one text object or for multiple of them?

5. What OS and XD versions are you using?

6. What font are you using?

7. Can you manually edit and fix the broken file or subscript / superscript doesn't work on it anymore?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 1