• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD: text-gradient by using pathfinder changes direction

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres no way to set a gradient to text, so I have to use the pathfinder. But this have a bug: If I use the pathfinder to do a gradient from left to right, XD makes me a gradient from bottom to top.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works correctly for me with freshly created text & rectangle objects -- horizontal gradient on the rectangle stays horizontal in the resulting Intersection path object. What version of XD are you using?

Also, are you able to correct it after the fact by opening the gradient editor popup and adjusting the direction using the on-canvas handles?

- Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My XD Version is the newest. I got the problem: First I set the gradient and it's vertical by default. To adjust the direction I rotated the rectangle. Then the gradient was horizontal. If I use the pathfinder now, it switches back to a vertical gradient. If I change the gradient direction like you told, then it works correctly. Think this is a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines