Highlighted

Adobe XD to web

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

complete newby to XD, I am wondering what kind of file is exported/is the result of the workflow in XD.

It is not mentioned anywhere, at least obviously, maybe hidden somewhere?

Is there somehow a kind of file to let a coder/developer see sizes, measurements, grids, distances between elements? To say it in other words, what does a developer do with XD files?

I watched out another thread and got linked to quest.ai - yet another subscription model (no way), but not sure if that really helps. 

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Prototyping, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe XD to web

Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

complete newby to XD, I am wondering what kind of file is exported/is the result of the workflow in XD.

It is not mentioned anywhere, at least obviously, maybe hidden somewhere?

Is there somehow a kind of file to let a coder/developer see sizes, measurements, grids, distances between elements? To say it in other words, what does a developer do with XD files?

I watched out another thread and got linked to quest.ai - yet another subscription model (no way), but not sure if that really helps. 

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Prototyping, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for asking. Go through these videos on Share for Development, and let me know if they answer your questions.

PreviewPreview5:42Mastering Adobe XD: Sharing with Stakeholders & Developers

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 1
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

could you provide an advice for me to get started with a web project?

I know (for example, from a mindmap from the client) I need 10 pages and each of them need to be responsive of course.

As someone who knows Muse quite well, you are that kind of support, that might be able to translate some ideas like "pages" view from Muse to the "Artboard" view in XD. How do I set it all up?

I have watched many detailed tuorials from Dani Beaumont but missing kind of an overall experience. Have seen for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gh6y8QQC0  ,  so I know how to take one design from mobile to tablet (and same to desktop) and vice versa.

Also I saw some "Master" components, to put them on multiple pages (like a header/menu/footer) as we once did in Muse as well, this time the master elements are not placed on Master pages but as Master elements only, did I get this right? Is there even a tutorial necessary for me (except all the detail, of course - all these animations and links, I think I got this)?

I also realized in a tutorial from Dani that the idea of "breakpoints" is not really necessary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqcq6AKurI, did I understand this right?

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards,

Uwe

Now it's easy to resize groups of objects on your artboards for different size screens and maintain placement and scalability. XD automatically calculates pl...
Web prototypes viewed in the browser now include an improved a full-screen option, so you can see your design at actual size for a more accurate representation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0