Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD UNICODE right to left Type issue

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am using adobe XD on my windows 10 PC. I am from Maldives, and our Dhivehi language uses a Unicode font, its written in left to right like a letter followed by a vowel. like the Arabic type.  In adobe XD i can write or copy from a Dhivehi language website and it pastes and can write fine. but when i release or deselect the text box. it kinds of break.. and the letters are not showing as it should.

I have attached two pictures showing when i write text & when I release the Text box

scree selected.PNG screen deselected.PNG

is there a fix for this.,.. or is it a bug. if a bug when can this be fixed.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

We don't have RTL language support in yet, so you should upvote here to get information on when we're starting the effort. It's definitely on our roadmap.

Hebrew / Arabic / right-to-left (RTL) support – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have RTL language support in yet, so you should upvote here to get information on when we're starting the effort. It's definitely on our roadmap.

Hebrew / Arabic / right-to-left (RTL) support – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later...and yet, no progress! 

Can you please help me understand why does it take so long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay with this feature. I understand that this has taken longer than usual however we are planning for more robust text support for RTL fonts as shared in the above shared UserVoice. As of now,  I am afraid, we don't have a time frame by when this should be available, having said that, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying!!!

At least someone is listening over there and being honest!
I have been trying to get answers for a while now.

It is really frustrating for us ME users, it is just not possible to work without RTL feature.

It is not a nice to have feature, it's essential for our work in our own language.

Is it possible at least to release a plugin to fix it in the meantime? 

Please, I will appreciate it so much if there is something like that to work with until the RTL release.

Thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your understanding, Noa! Regarding the plugin, as far as I know, there is none, as RTL is not supported yet, however, I will share this with the team to see we can come up with any workaround for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that could be pretty easy thing for the Developers as RTL is supported in other applications of adobe suite as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a one plugin https://adobe.com/go/xd_plugins_discover_plugin?pluginId=dc7f9d19
LTR to RTL by Alon  Gruss. Might helps 🙂

Indeed that should be supported by Adobe by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines