Adobe XD will randomly not let me type or edit text

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this issue has plagued me for a while now and I finally got frustrated enough to see if anybody has had this issue and if anyone has come up with a solution to fix it.

While using XD, everything will be working fine. I'll build my designs without issue. Then at some random point in the process, even though I've done it several times already, when I try to add text by clicking the Text tool (T) and then placing it within my design and begin typing, it will not do anything. It doesn't matter if I just click with the tool and begin typing or if I draw a text area (by clicking with the Text tool and dragging out a box) and begin typing. It shows every indication that it is working correctly, and by that I mean that it will show the bounding box that I draw to put the text within and even adds it to the Layers list on the left, however both vanish the moment I deselect the text after having attempted to add text. This also happens on occassion when I click on existing text and attempt to edit it.

Sometimes I can fix this and get it to work properly by clicking on the Prototype or Share tabs and then back on the Design tab and then trying to add text again, but most times that trick doesn't work. It also doesn't matter whether I have a unique font or a system font selected. I have even tried to reinstall the software once.

Any suggestions or solutions for this issue would be most welcome.

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021
The issue is well known and has been around for a long time with qute a few threads discussing it  The current "solution" / workaround is to press Alt+Tab and switch to a different application and then switch back to Xd, which fixes the problem temporarily.  

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is well known and has been around for a long time with qute a few threads discussing it 🙂

The current "solution" / workaround is to press Alt+Tab and switch to a different application and then switch back to Xd, which fixes the problem temporarily.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great. Alt + Tab isn't one that I've tried but I'll give it a go. I do hope Adobe gets around to actually addressing this issue soon since, as you said, it has been around for a long time.

Thank you for the quick reply.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best solution?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines