Highlighted

adobe XD won't let me change the order of the artboards.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a prototype in Adobe XD, then, later wanted to change the order of the artboards in the shared view. Changed the order in shared view,  but then it won't update the link. Tried everything. Tried deleting the prototype and creating a new one, tried saving under another name...

I can not imagine that you are stuck with the order you made things in. We need to be able to move the order around!

Anyone know how to fix?

Hi there,

faced the same problem.
It works, if you add ascending numbers as prefix to the artboard's title. Then everything shows perfect in the sharing mode.
- Katharina

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe XD won't let me change the order of the artboards.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a prototype in Adobe XD, then, later wanted to change the order of the artboards in the shared view. Changed the order in shared view,  but then it won't update the link. Tried everything. Tried deleting the prototype and creating a new one, tried saving under another name...

I can not imagine that you are stuck with the order you made things in. We need to be able to move the order around!

Anyone know how to fix?

Hi there,

faced the same problem.
It works, if you add ascending numbers as prefix to the artboard's title. Then everything shows perfect in the sharing mode.
- Katharina

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, camilleb91882243-

Sorry for the delay! We display the artboards in left to right, top to bottom as you're looking at the project. You should be able to reorder the artboards on the screen, save, and update the prototype to see a changed order. If you're not, please let us know and I can get a developer looking at that.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have my artboards displayed as explained on this thread, but the order doesn't seem to be right on one of the XD files that I've been working on when I open it up as a prototype (first time happening).
Where should I contact to get a more in-depth assessment on this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raythedesigner,

Could you please elaborate the situation here and share the link of the prototype using a private message after uploading it to CC or Dropbox?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I replied back to you through private message.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still not fixed?! Please explain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tried this same approach to change the order, but it doesn't change the order when I update the link. Any other ideas for fixing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ericamaralrohter​ When you change the order of the artboards does the order change in the preview window? The order of artboards at the link should always match those in the preview window. If not let us know and we can investigate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it is not change at all. I am trying to change order when play the prototype of my first screen but i cannot find a way to change what is the first screen to show when i play my prototype

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to run an update on XD—seems to work now as long as you follow the art board order that you mentioned.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Eric is correct, the new update seems to have fixed this issue - I have a XD doc with over 200 art boards and as long as you organize them Left-to-right, top to bottom "cleanly" it seem to now follow the order you organize them in (regardless of the art boards name or number, which is nice) (Running bug-fix? Probably..) +1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a glitch in XD, and was fixed when I updated to the next version, but this quite was some time ago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is 9:13 AM PST on 01/18/2018 - I am using the latest version of XD and the latest version of Windows 10 and this is still an issue.

All of my art boards are in a single line arranged from left to right (which is stupid) - there are 18 pages and the arrows do not follow the chronological order that is specified in XD. It is however correct in the in-app preview - just not when I publish the prototype (arguably the most important part.)

This effectively makes the product completely useless.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

There is a workaround. Another forum user told me to make sure all artboards are vertically aligned.

Adobe XD will go L to R top to bottom. (but on a very granular level)

If artboard 2 is 1px higher than artboard 1 it will be displayed first.

I've attached the screenshot another user shared with me to illustrate the point.ADOBE Artboard XD LAYOUT HELP Screen+Shot+2017-09-13+at+9.29.48+AM.png

So great there is a workaround, but this is still a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

We should have the flexibility to arrange artboards in the most logical arrangement for the design.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're off by a pixel all the pages are out of sequence, it would be helpful if there was a better way. This is very unintuitive/difficult to understand. Vague is not good when it comes to UI/UX!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this answer, it saved me! really!

I spent 1hr trying to fix this problem! and it never got fixed! I tried everything you guys layed out above! everything was on sequence folowing the recommendations! what a mess!I lost 1hr of my life trying to figure out something that XD should have fixed already after the very first comment! come on guys! this is insane!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darine,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have already tried the workaround shared in this post, please upvote this UserVoice request on Adobe XD to show support for this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32368135-control-a...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! thank you so much. This works

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that the solution suggested worked for you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear

you can check In the prototype tab select the artboard you want to be show first, you will find a little home icon on the to left corner

activate it the icon will be blue , if it's color is grey it won't be the first artboard in the prototype,

then try the order as you told before from left to right and top to bottom.

thank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me after I updated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear

In the prototype tab select the artboard you want to be show first, you will find a little home icon on the to left corner

activate it the icon will be blue , if it's color is grey it won't be the first artboard in the prototype

thank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuis!! That actually fixed the problem! Thank you so muchXD.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuart-k​ I'm experiencing the same problem although I do have the latest version 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arcas2307​ Are you on Windows or Mac? And to make sure I understand, could you explain exactly what issue you're seeing? If you have any screenshots that would be useful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac, but I figured out the problem.

There's a little tab on the left upper corner of the screen. I accidentally clicked on one in the middle of the stack and reordering wasn't cutting it.

Thank you though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

menipu la

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately problem still present, changing orders, hitting preview does not actually 'refresh' the order.
Saving, exiting, restarting, does not help!

I am trying to see what Tab did arcas2307​ hit in order to refresh, I tried every single button visible, yet still nothing.

Need help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey veljkosima​, they were referring to the home artboard tab, as shown here: Learn how to create interactive prototypes in Adobe Experience Design that you or others can use to ... Does that fix your ordering?

Apart from the home artboard, the order is as I described in my other answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stuart-k​, I am also experiencing this issue of not being able to update the order of the artboards after creating a link. Even after setting the home artboard using the tab as you mentioned and arranging them left to right, top to bottom. The messaging "manage links" seems misleading when the shared link created the first go around can't be edited. Please assist, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The order of the artboards is updated each time you share/"Update Link". You can test the order in which they will appear by using the preview window and the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard; the order will be the same when you view in the browser.

Let us know if this isn't the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re-ordered art boards in every way imaginable and it does not reflect the order even when the link is updated. Any new artboard I either create, or that i copy in from another document is always shown at the end regardless of how it appears in the artoboard layout in XD.

I have tried sorting the artboards in the side panel into an order matching the left-to-right order in the display to no avail. Have gone so far as numbering each artboard in the order i want while doing the above and it just doesnt work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue nearly nine months after the most recent post. In my case, there is no Update Link option when sharing for review. Why doesn't it work the same as any other published prototype. XD published it out of order. I reordered manually on the page and saved. The prototype did not update. What's the status of this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt work. the only way we have found to set the order is to painstaking copy each art board one by one to a new document. if you mass copy all at once it fixes the original order no matter what the layout is

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nn83184247​ I'm guessing that the alignment of the top of your artboards is slightly off, and so the ones that are  higher are appearing first. Hopefully the following screenshot illustrates the behaviour:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.29.48 AM.png

In the first row the middle artboards will come before the left and right ones because they are higher. In the second row the artboards will be in left to right order, because the top of them are all aligned (at the same x position).

When you copy and paste artboards, XD puts them at the same x position, which is what is changing between the documents.

You can select artboards, and use the align to top button to fix this in your current document.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.37.11 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same horrible issue and THIS is the suggestion that finally worked for me. 2 of my Artboards were 1px above the others. It didn't matter how I linked them together, I couldn't fix the problem. Once I made sure they were both on the same y axis as others, they were back in the correct order in the live prototype! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. The order of an export to PDF or a link should follow the order we put our boards in under design. I can drag and drop my artboards there into the order I want... and then we can all, as designers, cluster our boards as we want (we probably all have our own preferences). Please FIX THIS. A link to share with a client is useless when it's all mixed up and they only way to fix it is to drag my boards into some ridiculous forced left to right then up and down. I like mine to go in columns in example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines