• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD won't start on new machine (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought a new workstation/gaming pc for use at home. I have installed XD on it. But it won't start.

It just pop up with a blank screen quickly and just closes again

I run Windows home Anniversary (I think!) the computer is only a week old. and I have only installed work things on it. I have tried to uninstall and install XD more then once. and i does not help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Thank you. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know?

1. Uninstall XD.
  2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task manager.
  3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  4. Delete Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
  5. Restart  computer and install XD

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Can you please check and confirm that you're running Anniversary Update?

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, just installed XD for the first time. I'm on 1607 (Build 14393.693). The start screen will load but when I click anything - tutorial button, new document - it closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem but my Adobe Xd opens. I have just updated my XD today and since i am new to the platform so when i enable tutorial, it just get stucked in between and i can't even click the close button. I have to force shut down the whole app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s a new machine, you might want to check to see if your graphics drivers are up to date. You should go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website, and download and install the latest version to see if that resolves the issue.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my drivers and everything. But the same problem. Please help. i have some projects to finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please enable crash logging on your machine, make it happen again, and PM me a link to the logfile? We'd love to take a look at it!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe

I have the exact same problem, I have checked the error through "Event Viewer" on windows 10, and this is what I can get out of it.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell" Guid="{315A8872-923E-4EA2-9889-33CD4754BF64}" />

<EventID>5973</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>5973</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-05T13:40:14.144193600Z" />

<EventRecordID>31684</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{9D823472-8F7A-0003-CE38-8B9D7A8FD201}" />

<Execution ProcessID="5536" ThreadID="12528" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-QSH8GDR</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-495742233-991444377-1555435923-1001" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="AppId">Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte!App</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">-2144927141</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing details. Can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone# along with a link to this forum post? To send a private message, click my profile picture and click the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

For quicker assistance, you can contact the support team directly using Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting same thing - window briefly appears then closes completely. Windows 10 AU with a brand new install.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell" Guid="{315A8872-923E-4EA2-9889-33CD4754BF64}" />

<EventID>5973</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>5973</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-07T21:52:03.115000400Z" />

<EventRecordID>1109</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{DBCC9975-978A-0000-EEA7-CCDB8A97D201}" />

<Execution ProcessID="2488" ThreadID="10912" />

<Computer>DESKTOP-RNB4EO8</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2668384123-3114606856-759801826-1001" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="AppId">Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte!App</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">-2144927141</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EasyTiger79,

If your issue has still not been resolved, I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue.  I install through Creative Cloud and it "installs" very quickly, but never provides the "Open" button as it does for the other apps.  A reboot of the computer does not help.  Double clicking on the app name does nothing. There's no error, no attempt to open.  Nothing happens.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, but get the same behavior.   Also, it does not show up in the Windows Start Menu or in the list of installed applications in Windows.

winver.jpg

adobe-cc-apps.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest that you use the CC cleaner tool to remove anything related to XD before reinstalling. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest signing out of Creative Cloud desktop application, using the cleaner tool to remove anything XD related, rebooting, then signing in again and trying to install.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for a month now. I've been following other threads as well and have applied all the possible solutions, but still the problem persists. For me Xd works only for the first time after i turn on the pc. Once i close the application, it just flashes a white screen and that's it. seeing all the complaints about this issue, i though it'll be resolved in the next update but here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick search shows me that this particular error seems to happen when there are permission issues while running an application, potentially due to permissions issues.

A couple of things to try:

Let us know how things go!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but Xd doesn't have option to run as administrator nor i can open it's file location. I can't even access to it's properties in order to change it's permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue for a while, so i tried running as administrator. XD itself does not have the option but adobe CC does when you right click on it. I ran adobe cc as admin, then opened XD, and finally it did open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. I also do not have the option to run XD as admin.

Running Windows 10 Home. My error message:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Windows Error Reporting

Date:          4/3/2017 10:14:01 AM

Event ID:      1001

Task Category: None

Level:         Information

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DESKTOP-EKSCCK9

Description:

Fault bucket 133474557324, type 5

Event Name: MoAppCrash

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.20.7_x64__adky2gkssdxte

P2: praid:App

P3: 0.6.20.7

P4: 58cae952

P5: combase.dll

P6: 10.0.14393.953

P7: 58ba5954

P8: 80010108

P9: 00000000000ac847

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5A78.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Adobe.CC.XD_0.6._070ed7ca9ef3a6c791e8d66d0457cc152822_5b7ca3c7_25cb5e41

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: f36abb64-78d9-46eb-9d4e-dc5e4eabf387

Report Status: 0

Hashed bucket: 464d88d9033c14821d542e8174b1da64

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-03T17:14:01.575125600Z" />

<EventRecordID>24197</EventRecordID>

<Computer>DESKTOP-EKSCCK9</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>133474557324</Data>

<Data>5</Data>

<Data>MoAppCrash</Data>

<Data>Not available</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.20.7_x64__adky2gkssdxte</Data>

<Data>praid:App</Data>

<Data>0.6.20.7</Data>

<Data>58cae952</Data>

<Data>combase.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.14393.953</Data>

<Data>58ba5954</Data>

<Data>80010108</Data>

<Data>00000000000ac847</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5A78.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>

<Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Adobe.CC.XD_0.6._070ed7ca9ef3a6c791e8d66d0457cc152822_5b7ca3c7_25cb5e41</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>f36abb64-78d9-46eb-9d4e-dc5e4eabf387</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>464d88d9033c14821d542e8174b1da64</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone-

Can you please try the solution by jeana-bpi as posted above? Let us know if it works.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have tried jeana-bpi's solution and it didn't work at all. I still have the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ermini,

If you are still having issues installing XD, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone# over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying, unsuccessfully to update Creative Cloud today, I had to go looking for a solution. I decided that uninstalling it and reinstalling may help. I didn't want to have to completely uninstall all my applications and download them again. I found these instructions to uninstall (using the Creative Cloud Uninstall Utility) and then reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app on Windows

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud

After reinstalling, I rebooted the computer.  When it came back up, it appeared as though none of my Adobe applications are installed (despite the fact that they are).  I then took the opportunity to try installing XD one more time.  This time it took much longer and acted like it was actually being installed. I was able to open it and run it for the first time.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any solution? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me the requested information about yourself so that we can get in touch with you for investigation?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here for me.  I've tried uninstalling XD multiple times and reinstalling.  Uninstalled creative cloud and reinstalled, uninstalled creative cloud and XD and tried reinstalling as an administrator... nothing worked.  Simular to others on this thread I am unable to launch XD as an admin nor is there a directory for XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines