• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD won't start on new machine (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought a new workstation/gaming pc for use at home. I have installed XD on it. But it won't start.

It just pop up with a blank screen quickly and just closes again

I run Windows home Anniversary (I think!) the computer is only a week old. and I have only installed work things on it. I have tried to uninstall and install XD more then once. and i does not help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Thank you. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know?

1. Uninstall XD.
  2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task manager.
  3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  4. Delete Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
  5. Restart  computer and install XD

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am sorry that the solution I provided did not help. If you have not tried this already, can you try the solution in this doc? Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows

Can you let us know of your observations. We will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the above (feb 12) method, and still have the white screen then crash going on.

I would like to try the solution you link, but am concerned about uninstalling the C++ redistributables.  Will that hose other apps I have? or will they be rebuilt on next app launch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so that you don't end up disturbing anything on your computer inadvertently, I suggest getting in touch with the support team directly using this link

Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

This did work for me, or at least a combination of it did.

I didn't originally realise that I had creative cloud and I downloaded/installed this at first (rather than installing from the creative cloud panel).

I had the situation where the splash screen would appear (white) and would then disappear.

The only difference was that I didn't remove ALL of the %temp% files, I just deleted those that were stamped the date I installed relating to Creative Cloud, as a first attempt as I wanted to avoid deleting all temp files.

I did have to close down several processes as mentioned in step 2.

Once I rebooted, this time I went to the Creative Cloud panel and installed it from there and immediately this time upon completion, the splash screen launched fine.

So....I am not sure if it was also to do with the "method" of installation or just simply the first install had got a bit of a mess.

Thanks

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I switch to integrated Intel? Sorry not computer savy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article shows how to set a particular GPU for a given app:

How to Choose Which GPU a Game Uses on Windows 10

Note that XD is a Universal app, so choose that first (instead of Classic app), then pick Adobe XD from the list, and set what performance you want it to have.

Here's a screenshot of me most of the way through that task, though in my case I'm using Parallels, and won't see quite the same GPUs that you will see:

gpusettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Colin. I am locking this thread because it has run its course.

Please create a new discussion around this topic so that we avoid mixing up a bunch of issues under the same heading.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all possible solutions described here, but nothing hellped. I even managed to take ownership of folder "windowapps" and runned XD as administrator got the error message

XD.exe - Application Error

---------------------------

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

OK  

Also checked window error messages

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 18.1.12.1, time stamp: 0x5cb0458d

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292, time stamp: 0x270a22eb

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd588

Faulting process ID: 0x2860

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4feb34d05a5d5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_18.1.12.1_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: 2577185e-a2f8-4d27-9ed6-cbeccf28d285

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_18.1.12.1_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the solutions listed here. If you tried the solution in this article Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows​, and you still need assistance, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to All provides solutions but no one worked.

Then I scanned my windows 10 with Index of /repos/tron it removes also the windows bloatware. This helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines