Adobe XD

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, precisely, is the point of a design tool that you pretty much can't publish?

Am I missing something? Is this simply not meant to do anything but create nice designs that then just live as... nice designs?

How, for instance, to get a web page actually up using this tool? Suddenly a developer is needed? 

Very strange...

Kevin.

TOPICS
Import and export, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Design does not equal development/production. An architect or product designer using CAD designs the building or product, but they don't actually develop/produce it.

I've never seen a good design program produce good code. There are simply too many variables to accout for. Likewise, something that produces code general is either hard to design in or is not good for design.

What's the point of a design only tool? To show a developer what they should build, like plans tell a construction firms what to build.

I completely understand the desire for a design app to be able to produce a website or app, it's just easier said than done.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines