• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After XD 40 update, unable to see images in the file only the borders are displayed.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reopened an existing XD file and suddenly I can no longer see any images. Only the border of the shape is displayed, but the content/photo is gone.

What can I do about it?

Thx.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we need more information, such as the Adobe XD version and if this problem also occurs with other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

@italosan I'm on XD version 40.0.22 on Windows.

For me, it's only in one file, other files are ok. Historic versions of the same file going back several weeks appear the same. Copying an artboard out of my file and into a clean file, the images still appear as white squares. Copying an image out of the app into somewhere also shows as a white square.

However, for a colleague looking at the same file on same version of XD on his laptop, it appears fine. This issue has started today: I have not resaved the file since the issue started.

I tried to revert to earlier version of XD (39.0.12) but the app crashes (before even getting to the XD home screen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Sorry - I have downloaded a previous version and can see the images again. So problem has arisen at some point in a recent version of XD + latest version of the file between yesterday and today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are happy that your problem has been solved. However, we will continue to investigate to try to understand what it was due to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the information asked by our expert. We would request you to please try opening the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and check if you're able to see images. 

If no, could you please share the file with us so that we can check at our end and investigate it? Please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with us over a PM.

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines