Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI-file color change in XD

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have hired a freelancer to make illustrations for me which he is making in illustrator, I want to check the AI so they are correct and I do that using XD (because that is what I use). For some weird reason the colors change a lot. The cartoon who is supposed to have brown skin color gets a red skin color. If anyone has a clue what the problem is please let me know.

The picture shows the difference. Please note that the one to the left is the same AI-file as the one I have opened in XD to the right.

Thanks for all the help!

//Carl

Skärmklipp 2020-05-03 20.57.15.png

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,

Did you copy paste? saved as a PNG? JPG? SVG?

What is the color mode of the Illustration?

Those colors are HEX colors, pantone, RGB?

What is the color profile?

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 1.33.18 AM.png

LMK

e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, I've had a lot going on but I very much appreciate your response.

I must say that I am completely a beginner at illustrator. As I sade I hired a freelanser to do this design but I got adobe illustrator today to see what the issues are with the colors and this is what it says on the color settings. 

As you can see the color is not so bad in illustrator but ones I take it from illustrator and opening it in any other program ex: XD or after effects it gets that red color.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Carl

Skärmklipp 2020-05-16 21.22.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and File > Document color mode > RGB.

Then save as a new file and then try and import it into Xd or After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked on that design but it didn't work on another one... weirdly enought.

I changed this file to RGB and all colors worked but one red colors changes. can there be some individial settings I should have a look at?

Skärmklipp 2020-05-17 16.06.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to follow up here if the issue has been resolved or not. Is it happening with every Ai file into XD?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HARSHIKA_VERMA,

I too am pasting a vector into XD and the Hex colour is changing. Even when I took the Hex from XD and changed the colour in illustrator it still pastes a differet Hex. I'm sure I could export svg and it would work but when prototying a series of visualization dashboards it is increasingly frustrating to have to update colours again once in XD...

Hopefully this helps explain the issues I am facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if you have any transparance layer in Illustrator file for red hue? That can be a reason that in RGB it has been rasterized not correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I am still having the same issue, has adobe any solution fo this,

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 9.40.53.png

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Valentina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solid color in RGB file can renders correctly from Ai if it not carry any transparency. In Ai you can check Pixel View to check your colors. Also try to use web colors in Ai and see if it shows differnce in XD again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

This happens to me with all vector work. I know there are other threads asking for color management since XD is MUCH more saturated than the other Adobe programs but I think it's a bigger issue! HEX colors change just by copying and pasting. You can actually repeatedly copy and paste from Ai to XD and then from XD to Ai and so on and so forth you'll keep getting different colors. It's really weird! Keeping consistent branding is becoming incredibly problematic and my company wants to switch to Figma only because of the color issues.

Do you have any update on color issues in general? I've been trying to follow since Beta mode but it just doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diana,

We're so sorry for the delay. As of now, we don't have any official word by when this request(https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man... will be completed, however, I understand your concern so let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carl,

Not sure if this has been resolved for you since the question is almost a year old. But I faced the same problem today and found this query and also found kind of a solution.

What you can do is finalize your illustration in Illustrator, the colour mode should be RGB, then group the whole illustration > Object > Flatten Transparency and then paste it in XD.

This should hopefully solve your problem.

Best,

Abhishta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abhishta,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your findings, I am sure it will help other community members. This generally happens as Adobe XD is not color-managed and for the best viewing experience, we recommend using the SRGB profile for colors on the monitor. Please upvote this request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man... to add voice to the feature.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines