• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Rasterized objects coming in Pixelated in XD

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am hoping someone can help me out with this. 

I am actually not sure if this is an XD issue or an AI issue. I have some vector-filled objects in AI, which I know will come in funny into XD. My workaround has been to group and then rasterize the objects in AI, and then copy and paste them into XD. However, I recently upgraded my Ai to cc21 and now I am finding that some colorways of the same object are now coming into XD looking very pixelated. See screenshot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. We'll need a bit more info if we are to help out with this. Are the red & yellow thing in the same image copied over from Illustrator? 

What settings are you using when rasterizing in AI? When you say they look pixelated, at what zoom level are they pixelated? Is that image at 100%? 200%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

So I have the same round objects filled with different colors. They both have the same vector fill. I rasterized both of them. And then copy and paste them into XD. But the one on the right comes out fuzzy. They are both at 100%. I did not resize them in XD or AI. I've looked at the layers for each object and they are exactly the same. Below are my raster settings.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.40.37 AM.png  

And here is my setting when I rasterize the object. I do set it to a  transparent background.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 2.51.34 PM.png

Below is a screenshot of both objects after they've been rasterized in AI. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.46.06 AM.png

And below is what they both look like after I bring them into XD.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.47.31 AM.png

Note, I have also tried adding the rasterized objects into a library and bring them into XD that way, and those lost all vector fill even though I had already rasterized it.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why to copy past to xd while you can import the file, also you can open the AI file from XD! and save it as xd them make your changes.

please check the rastarized object quality you did on illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manal.

We have discovered that when we use vector fills in objects they do not come over into XD. We have an open ticket on this issue. We also can't rasterize and bring it into a library to open either. It loses all fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if your Illustrator Preferences are set accordingly.

(The screenshot is in Dutch, but you'll get the message, I guess...)

It's the File Handling section, the part about Clipboard support:

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-20 om 23.00.04.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

Thank you for replying. Yes, my settings are the same.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.40.37 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to take a look into the file itself, to see what's so difficult for AI to export and XD to import. But maybe this can be helpful: try saving the file as an SVG (uncompressed, 1.1) and open it back in Illustrator. Does it look okay ? Then import that SVG into XD. If not, then I'm curious to know which part looks different from the original...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines