• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to change the colouring of the XD UI?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, Is there anyway to change the UI of XD to a 'Dark Theme' such as this:

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4d7a475a4134662e706e67.png

there seems to be an unoffical Patch for windows, see here: GitHub - cgio/darkxd: Enable Adobe XD's hidden dark theme

Alas, I'm on Mac OSX

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

I also waiting for "dark mode" but still it is not there It was reported 3 years ago, and nothing... https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-interface-overall-ui-including-side-panels

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also waiting for "dark mode" but still it is not there It was reported 3 years ago, and nothing... https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta say, XD is a fantastic APP, but why this feature hasn't been added is beyond me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I trying to understand why Adobe made Xd in different way than for example Ps. Photoshop was used by web designers since loooong time. We love the interface we just don't want extreme changes. For example PenTool - working diferent than in PS. Where are blend modes? Text editing like: uppercase or lowercase - where it is?   Yes you can use plugins but it not good solutions. Many functions should be included natively.

In my opinion Adobe want to gain SKETCH users. And this is the reason why XD is for free now, and this is the reason why some tools working more similar as it is in SKETCH than other Adobe products like PS or AI. Maybe they are working/focus on other functions that are more important for SKETCH users than dark mode.

I was waiting for march update. I updated yesturday and still no blend modes, and other important functions. Still no dark mode. It's hard to work at night, and also during daylight because if U are familiar with dark mode your brain working in different way. You can focus on your project. I trying to switch to XD but my creativity is killed by flashing white light around my project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes,

I totally agree with you, as a developer, I program with a dark screen, and all the tools I use are in dark mode, this helps me focus and program faster, and helps me catch details in the errors I make.

When I switch to Adobe XD to view the designs that I should implement, I hard pain gets to my eye because as if you are in a dark room when you wake up, then you go to open your curtains and your eyes pain for a while, and I always cross my fingers before opening Adobe XD 😂.

I just hope Adobe will soon make users have the ability to switch, as a programmer, it is not a hard task to make dark mode, not hard at all, just 2 hours of continues work, and that improves a lot of users experience. I hope you are reading this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines