• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Order is wrong

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am making many artoards for my project, I want to see as many as possible side by side. When I use the full width of Adobe XD the first line of artboards displays fine, but once it goes to the second line, it only shows the artboards which are in the middle of the XD file. What's the point of the left side of the software if i can't use it? It's so frustrating to arrange my artboards because everything would have to go from the middle to the right which fits about 8-9 artboards which is nothing when there is a 50-60 artboard project or more. If this is what happens at least give us manual control over the order of artboards, no matter what order I change it into, Ieven numbered the arboards, it still only displays them per the left to right top to bottom order. I would love to just be able to pick what order they are in line in Illustrator. It takes agaes to arrange the artboars sometimes and it's frustrating and time wasting. Is there any workaround on this? I hate looking at 8 artboards per row with 10 rows. It doesn't feel organised and the left hand side is such a waste of space. 

example.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with artboards orders in XD. I have found one similar post regarding the similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-won-t-let-me-change-the-order-of-the-artboards/td-p/8748884?page=1

Please try the workaround solution suggested in the post. Please see thie uservoice request as well: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32368135-control-artboard-order-for-shared-prototype
If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with artboards orders in XD. I have found one similar post regarding the similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-won-t-let-me-change-the-order-of-the-artboards/td-p...

Please try the workaround solution suggested in the post. Please see thie uservoice request as well: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32368135-control-a...
If you think that it matches your requirement, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried the ascending numbers on artabords and it doesnt work anymore I believe with latest updates. I also don't always have the time to copy over 80-100 artboards to a new doc. It's so frustrating, I'm not using XD because its free, I used it cause its a part of the adobe package my company paid for. And this one simple frustration is the reason I rather pay for other tools.

Is there any plan for the devs to make it the same function like in Illustrator, or more controllable? If there arent any plans to make this change I'm afraid I will be moving on to Sketch or Framer, when working on software UX with tight dev deadlines I dont have the time to spend an hour copying artboards into a new doc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely understand your frustration. I will make sure to share your feedback with the team. In the meantime, I would request you to please upvote the above link and submit your feedback.

This is the best way of communicating with our engineering team. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kind of ridiculous - has it been fixed? I am having this issue and need to show the client my progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution is to paste them into a new page with the artboards in the exact order you want 😞 I had to do that. Wasted about an hour of my time. Then when new changes came in I had to move arboards again to organise the screens. Wasted another hour. Unfortenatly there is no other way at the minute 😞 I am moving to an iMac soo and considering Sketch as it doesnt have these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing the same issue

278 art boards changed to 556 screens278 art boards changed to 556 screens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines