• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard smaller when opening illustrator file in Adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? It's pretty standard work for me to open my illustrator file in Adobe XD. It usually opens without a hitch, but this time it's not opening with the right size artboard. I have to manually copy each content from each artboard from illustrator then paste it into Adobe XD. I can tell you this is such a hassle, especially because it's also pasting as a smaller size. My 1920x1080 px screens are coming as 192 x 108 px in Adobe XD. This is totally ridiculous. I just updated all my Adobe programs to the latest patch. It still didn't solve the problem. 

Please help me. 

TOPICS
Data loss , Import and export , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end, so could you please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening? We'll also need the version of XD and OS. We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for replying to me. 

Please this was the only way I'm able to share the video with you. 

You can download it here on my Google Drive: http://bit.ly/AdobeXDErrorVid

It's the same even when I copy and paste the content from the Adobe Illustrator artboard to the Adobe XD artboard.

I have Adobe XD Version 36.1.32.5 Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.71.1

My Macbook has Catalina Version 10.15.7

As far as I know, they're all the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video and additional information. Is it possible for you to share this Illustrator file with us so that we can test it at our end? Does that happen with this specific file or all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure this is the AI file

https://we.tl/t-p7uyx20c2j

I checked and the problem persists only with this file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Could you please share if your issue has been resolved? You may try signing out of XD, Creative cloud, restart the machine, and then sign back in and let us know if that helps.

Please update the discussion if you need further assistance from us. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I replied to the first comment. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a solve for this issue? I am experiencing the same issue. even with teh latest versions of XD and Illustrator.
In Illustrator the files are 1920 wide, but import at 200px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't really find a proper solution for my issue. I ended up doing it manually.What I did notice is, I only had this issue with that particular file. I suggest you try and creating a new illustrator file and copy and paste the artwork for each of your artboard from your old Ai file. Hopefully this will work for you! Otherwise,  you can also just copy and paste your artworks from Ai to XD and adjust the size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines