Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard transition

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All , 

Can you please help.. basically I think it is simple fix but some reason I can not figure it out . 

I have 2 artboards .. ont to transition from one to another using the time trigger - this works ok however I also want to to have a voice play back as the time transition happen from art board 1 to ask board 2 for example playes back "launching artboard 2 ". 

Is there such a thing and how do I wire this up. 

Really appreciate the help here or any suggested wotk arounds. 

Thank 

Rabih

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

So upon entering artboard 6, there's a Timed (immediate) Speech Playback

There's no way to perform another action simultaneously. So having a timed Speech Playback is a kind of end of the road for any automated sequence like this in XD. It expects you to at least interact with something for a next step in the sequence.

As a work-around, you can use a Key trigger, by pressing a key right after the playback, and let that discretely transition to the next artboard (the launch). But then again it'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a problem: you can't have one trigger (the Timed one) to perform two actions (the Transition and the Speech Playback) simultaneously. The best you can do is to click on the + on the second artboard, and set that (dead) link to have another timed (0 sec) trigger to perform the speech action. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter , appreciate the response. 

I did think this might be a work around - the issue I have is that the send artboard also transition to a 3rd one using a timed trigger  - I am trying to prototype with apple Siri in mind to launch an app ... so artboard 3 is the first landing page for the app ... 

tbh I am not sure if Iam asking too much from XD but surely adobe would have thought about this ?? !!. 

Is there a solution or a work around for this senario  ?? as I am a bit stuck at the moment  😞

Gratful for any help or suggestions !!

Rabih

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to fully imagine what you're trying to achieve, simply by words only...

A visual representation would help a lot.

Maybe these thoughts will also help:

Don't think of XD as an application to construct the actual app or website with an artboard for every screen. You're design a flow, a scenario, which might require multiple steps (artboards) to present what could be considered a sequence of actions, maybe happening during just one screen's transition.

And if any interactions can't be designed exactly as intended, tell your team members and previewers about it. Talk them through it. It's not a shame to expect them to understand that certain behaviors are only available in 'the real thing' (after all, you're not a developer...) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true Peter ..there is so much we can do as designers .. I suppose I wanted to check whether I am missing something here before speaking to the Dev teams ... screen shot attached just incase it sparks some thought in your mind  ..

This problem is in the last 2 artboards ...as you can see I have the dead trigger which gives speech play back but i also need it to timely transition to the last green artboard with 4 sec delay .. is there a work around  ? 
Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So upon entering artboard 6, there's a Timed (immediate) Speech Playback

There's no way to perform another action simultaneously. So having a timed Speech Playback is a kind of end of the road for any automated sequence like this in XD. It expects you to at least interact with something for a next step in the sequence.

As a work-around, you can use a Key trigger, by pressing a key right after the playback, and let that discretely transition to the next artboard (the launch). But then again it's still not automatically, and not even simultaneously. 😞

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-17 om 14.01.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines