• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asset file name is not changed in shared (specs)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I rename a component in Adobe XD in the elements list the new name is not reflected in the shared specs (on the web / in the cc cloud). The old names remains as a file name.
E.g. if I have named a component icon-network (and marked it for export) the inital spec share export provides a file named "icon-network.svg". If I change the component name to "icon-network-middle" the file name in the spec export remains "icon-network.svg". I would expect it to change to "icon-network-middle.svg".

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on the latest version of XD which is 33.1.12.on Windows 10 and it seems to be working fine. I tested two scenarios while sharing the design specs with development as a view settings and in that mode, once I updated the link, the asset name was updated as well. I also tried exporting the asset locally and the asset name changed on updating the asset name and then exporting it again. 

Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on the latest version of XD which is 33.1.12.on Windows 10 and it seems to be working fine. I tested two scenarios while sharing the design specs with development as a view settings and in that mode, once I updated the link, the asset name was updated as well. I also tried exporting the asset locally and the asset name changed on updating the asset name and then exporting it again. 

Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow you are following so that we can test it on our end? We'll also need the version of XD and the OS, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishab

thanks for your reply.

I've tried to record a video of the workflow. But now it works, like you state.

The difference is, that I have ungrouped all my components on one screen and than recreated the components. After that I can rename it and the renaming also mirrors in the exported design specs (as often as I rename, it always works).

The components are all part of another component which have different states, in which those components also were included. Some states have been deleted. Maybe the old component's (names) have been part of some hidden (on that screen hidden) or deleted parent component states.

Best,
Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming that, Mike. In case if it happens on multiple files, you can always share a small video of the workflow along with the system details and XD version and we'll test this on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines