• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempting to quit Adobe XD app causes it to freeze/hang

Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe XD installed on my Mac Mini running Catalina (10.15.4).  The app starts up just fine. Everytime I attempt to quit Adobe XD, the application freezes and after a while I can hear the fans on my computer spin up because the application has frozen.  In the end I have to force quit it.

Things I have tried:

1. Checked Creative Cloud and it shows that I am running the latest version.

2. Attempted to sign out of Creative Cloud and sign back in in case it was an account related issue.

3. Uninstalled and removed preferences, and reinstalled the application.

I don't know what else to try at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some further testing based on the information given to the other user that is experiencing the same issue.

My Mac Mini has always been connected to my Asus PA32uc monitor via Thunderbolt. 

I turned the computer off, unplugged the Thunderbolt connection to the monitor, plugged in the HDMI connection to the monitor and turned the machine back on. This time Adobe XD quit just fine. 

I turned the computer off, unplugged the HDMI connection, connected Thunderbolt again, booted up, and this time Adobe XD would not quit properly.

I'm very puzzled as to how the type of monitor connection I use affects the apps ability to close.  I would like to continue using Thunderbolt to connect to my monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested the Adobe XD installation on my work computer connected to the same monitor over Thunderbolt and it does not freeze or hang when quitting the application.  Something happened to the installlation on my home computer when connected to my monitor over Thunderbolt, but I don't know what needs to be done to perform a clean install to remedy the issue on my home computer since I had already tried uninstalling and selecting the remove preferences option already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share the Spin Dump with us. When the application hangs please follow the below steps:

1. From Applications, go to Utilities and then select Activity Monitor.
  2. Select XD, then open the Settings Menu and then select Run Spindump. The Spindump file will generate.
  3. Click Save to generate the Spin Dump file.
  4. To share the file you can add it to cloud storage and then share the link in a private message to me by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding to my concern.  I have generated the spin dump and will send it to you momentarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, we are working on it and will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anil we have shared the details with the Engineering team to further troubleshooting. Also, we have released an update today so could you please check if XD is updated to the latest version that is 28.8, and if not, please update and test if it is happening with the latest version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my home computer to the latest version, 28.8.12.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.46.13 PM.png

Unfortunately, the issue with the application freezing/hanging when connected via Thunderbolt to my external monitor is still occurring.  The application continues to work normally when connected via HDMI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, we have passed this information with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

Just wanted to report that the issue is still present after I updated to version 28.9.12 which was recently released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

I did some searching in my console logs and uncovered the following lines that report a failure during shutdown of the application.  I don't know if this is related to the issue I am having or a separate issue, but wanted to share in case it helps the development team come up with a resolution:

default	21:33:12.637695-0700	Adobe XD	Task <3911CF52-0380-444A-9CCA-AAC8CD088F81>.<1> sent request, body S 383
default	21:33:12.654603-0700	Adobe XD	Task <3911CF52-0380-444A-9CCA-AAC8CD088F81>.<1> summary for task failure {transaction_duration_ms=263, response_status=0, connection=10, protocol="http/1.1", domain_lookup_duration_ms=3, connect_duration_ms=242, secure_connection_duration_ms=174, request_start_ms=246, request_duration_ms=0, response_start_ms=0, response_duration_ms=0, request_bytes=666, response_bytes=0, cache_hit=0}
default	21:33:12.654737-0700	Adobe XD	Task <3911CF52-0380-444A-9CCA-AAC8CD088F81>.<1> finished with error [-999] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=<private>, NSErrorFailingURLKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing additional information, this is really helpful. I will share this information with the team and will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution here. I have this same issue and it is quite annoying and has been over a year since the first reported issue. I am running 43.0.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never figured out how to resolve the issue and didn't receive any further support form Adobe on this issue.

Since then I've switched to Figma for my prototyping needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines