• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Height Text is positioned incorrectly on web preview XD 34.0.12.33

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if anyone is having issues with "Link Preview" not displaying type correctly with the latest update?  Have my type centered on the page and it displays correctly on "Desktop Preview" but when I do a link preview the type left justifies and runs off the page.  I thought maybe the document was corrupted but I created a new document and restyling the type settings and the issue still occured.  

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi All,

There is an update-"The issue seems to be resolved now". Could you please check how the auto-height text (centered|right) aligned is displayed on the web and share the results with us?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryanb, 

Thank you for reaching out, would you be able to share the prototype link or a sample link so that we may reproduce and investigate it. A short video describing the problem would be a great help. 

I'd also like to know if there are some issues with the ordering of that text layer? Like, It's supposed to be in the front, however, It is not on web preview. 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul, not a problem.
Here is a preview:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/7a17d3c5-23ef-4dae-a15f-af542707ad72-2f44/

Here is a screen grab of what the desktop preview looks like
Preview-Not-Displaying-Properly-Desktop-Preview.png

Not sure if this helps, but here is the XD version I'm currently using and system info:
XD Version:34.0.12.33
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is hapenning to me. Text is pushed off to the side in link while centered in XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had issues with the design appearing differently on the published share link to that of the design file? We are having trouble with text boxes positioning themselves in random locations - think it might be something to do with components becoming libraries.

Any help would be massively appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James, 

Thanks for reaching out. We can surely test this on our end for that could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening with a specific font or multiple fonts?
  4. Will it be possible for you to share a few screenshots of what exactly is happening at your end?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Rishabh answers to your questions below:

1. Version 34.0.12.33 - Operating system macOS Catalina version 10.15.6

2. This is happening with multiple files across multiple members of my team. 

3. Its only one font but multiple weights 

4. I have attached a couple of screenshots to show you the issue in XD vs LinkXD.pngLink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info, James. Could you please share the name of the font causing the problem? It would be really helpful if you can share the link and the file with us over a private message so that we can investigate at our end. Please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the URL with us over a private messsage. 

Have you tried opening the link on a different browser and see if that helps? Also, is it showing same in desktop preview with in XD app?

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the url of the post for reference over a PM.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bridge,

This is defintely not expected and thanks for sharing the screenshot. Is it possible for you to create a short video of the workflow so that we can try reproducing the issue as we are unable to reproduce the issue at our end on windows machine? Does that happen with every file or with a specific file? Does that happen when you do the desktop preview with in the XD app? Please share the OS version of your machine.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i use the new auto-height feature for my text elements. they look fine on the canvas, but when i create a prototype link the elements ends up shifting about 2 inches to the left every time. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

We have filed a bug for this issue and we'd be happy to take this investigation further. However, we need the following details from your end. 

Workaround: Switch to point text before publishing. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

PS: Merged Conversation. Marked as correct only to Highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having trouble with the new update, in particular the preview links.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/9c55fa5f-b95f-41bc-9937-5819df714731-c906/ 

On pages 10-12, you can see that the texts are not placed where it is supposed to be (see attachments for the prototypes.

Register – step 2 – 2@2x.png

ARTICLE 1@2x.png

ARTICLE 1 – 1@2x.png

As you can see from looking at both the preview links and the screenshots of the prototype, some of the texts were placed to the left hand side, even running off of the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, please share the details mentioned in my previous post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/auto-height-text-is-positioned-incorrectly-on-web-preview-xd... ). It would help us to investigate properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I create a link of my project, some text elements move to the left, it happened me already in two different links since yesterday and I don't know how to fix it. Maybe one of you have already fix this issue or is it a general problem with the app? (I'm using Widows 10)

This is the preview in the app:

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-21 201835.png

And this is the link on the web:

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-21 201909.png

I hope to find a solution. Thanks already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, please share the details mentioned in my previous post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/auto-height-text-is-positioned-incorrectly-on-web-preview-xd... ). It would help us to investigate properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a simple website in XD like many times before. However, this time when viewing the prototype in browser some text boxes are shifted to the left by around 100px. This happens in chrome and in safari. When testing the prototype in XD, everything is as intended. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots showing the problem.

Super grateful for any tips or pointers.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This is a known issue and we have logged a bug for the same. Please refer to this discussion for more information: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/auto-height-text-is-positioned-incorrectly-on-web-preview-xd...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same behavior. Center justified text flies off the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check now how the auto-height text (centered|right) aligned is displayed on the web?

Cheers,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue now seems to be resolved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

There is an update-"The issue seems to be resolved now". Could you please check how the auto-height text (centered|right) aligned is displayed on the web and share the results with us?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now am experiencing a seemingly different issue where auto-height text does not animate correctly between component states. Perhaps that needs it's own thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, Steven. I would suggest creating a new post for the issue so that we can look into the issue separately and investigate it further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has been resolved. Thanks for fixing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your patience and for confirming that it has been resolved. Please feel free to give us a shout on community for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines