• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best offline workflow with cloud docs?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am super stoked for the new cloud features, but I am still confused over the best workflow for when I *do* need to work offline (which is often).

The docs seem to say that if I open a file, a version is cached locally, and then I can open that version whenever. If it's a collaborative doc, it prompts me to work out of a new version of the file and copy/paste my work into that file later.

This works, I guess, but I'd love to avoid the double work of having to later go in and potentially re-do a bunch of prototyping when iterating offline on a file that won't be auto-merged later.

I guess I'm cool with that tradeoff, but the situation I'm really worried about is if I haven't opened the file locally in awhile, and my local cached copy is really out of date. Is there any way to access a Cloud file locally, a la GDrive or Dropbox? Or is that functionality coming? Or am I just SOL and need to start thinking ahead before going to coffee shops/airplanes/etc.?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Right now, this functionality is available with standard cloud docs, not with coedited cloud docs. If you're working by yourself, I'd recommend not enabling Coediting until offline behavior is available. If you don't have Coediting enabled, your cloud docs will be available to you if they've been opened before on that machine, even when offline. You can continue to work, and then your document will merge back online. The only place it won't is if you've shared the document and someone else makes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adamt21608335,

Based on your statement, I'd say you have fairly good understanding about Cloud Document functionality. I'd like to enhance your approach and control by sharing this link about version history: - https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Revision-History-in-XD-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during/m-p...

Please take a look and let me know if you need further clarification. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response! Unfortunately, the version history thing isn't really relevant to my concerns here, as it requires a cloud document, and that workflow is what I'm asking about. I think the version control is awesome and I want to use it! Just not sure how to build it into a workflow that doesn't always have access to internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now, this functionality is available with standard cloud docs, not with coedited cloud docs. If you're working by yourself, I'd recommend not enabling Coediting until offline behavior is available. If you don't have Coediting enabled, your cloud docs will be available to you if they've been opened before on that machine, even when offline. You can continue to work, and then your document will merge back online. The only place it won't is if you've shared the document and someone else makes a change to the cloud version; then XD will prompt you to Save As a new doc in order to ensure you don't lose any work.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines