• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen while doing desktop preview in Adobe XD.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens sometimes, when I'm working on projects. When I open preview mode in 'design' or 'prototype' the background is filled black. It's not happening with every artboard, but randomly one or two.  I always use a background fill, but not black.

When I manually check them in the left side bar menu underneath appereance it does change.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Are you using Extended monitor/dual monitor?
  • Could you please check if your graphic card driver is up to date? Please visit manufacture's site to check for updates.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Harshika,

macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 & Adobe XD version: 24.4.22.1

I don't use a extended/dual monitor (just single)

I checked the manufacture's site and my graphic card should be up-to-date.

Now a few weeks later, maybe also because of updates, it happens less frequently to me. It sometimes happens with older projects I'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. I haven't heard of a similar issue previously. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team directly https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m for further investigation. Use the chat button to get started. You can share this link with the agent during troubleshooting so that you do not have to repeat yourself.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

About a month later now fortunately I don't experience the problem anymore 🙂

I also don't know why, maybe because of updates...

The only thing I notice is that the complete Adobe XD window turns black when I'm not actively working on it that moment (when working on projects). When I make it active again (clicking inside the window itself) it's just displaying normal.

It doesn't bother me that much, because I'm used to it. But it's pretty weird though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stefan,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved! 

For the window turning black, please visit the manufacturer site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphic drivers and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines