Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD showing up blurry when sharing for review

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm running into some import issues with XD that I hope someone can help me with.

I have two PSDs, same file setting for both files. I made JPEGs out of both of them to import into Adobe XD. I exported them 3 times the size in Photoshop so they are high resolution in XD. When I share my XD link with my client, one of the jpegs end up being super blurry while the other one retain it's high resolution. I believe it's something to do with the export setting in Photoshop but they are both exported the same way! Please note all the other elements in my presentation remained very high res, except for that one jpegs. I tried carrying all my layers from the PSD that's exporting the blurry jpegs into the PSD that exports high res jpegs and it solved the issue. But the thing is that, majority of my project is built with the low res PSD and I can't help but think there's a setting that can fix this issue. but yet again both PSDs are created using the same settings and bits. 

Is there a view setting I need to explore in Adobe XD? Or is there a setting I need to change in Photoshop?

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

I have the same issue. I figured out that it's to do with the size of the image (i.e. nothing to do with the JPEG compression level). Your good example is 3,240px height while the bad example is 14,514px height. I bet if you crop the bad image to 2,000px height and re-import, the image quality in the web preview would be good.

About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Better image interpolation for device/web preview – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as in "Align to Pixel Grid".

BTW:

My dark bg layout is previewing much worse than the lighter layout....

i.e. white text, or icons are blurry on top of a photo or solid black background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for all the questions, but it’s going to help us narrow down what’s going on. Are any of these blurry object fractionally sized?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions are good, I want to use XD...it's quick for layout, just have to get the prototypes working!

Everything on the layout is blurry, the text, shapes, photos so not limited to anything sized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a monitor issue......I've done tons of testing. It's a random bug with XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting ridiculous. There is clearly an issue with publishing prototypes and seeing low quality images. My team is experiencing this still. It happens when you publish a prototype, not when you just preview in XD.

Time to switch over to Figma as they get how this tool should be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the frustration and we understand it could be very annoying for you. If you will look at the status of the feedback page here: Prototype blurry and squished – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs it shows "Bug fix in progress".

We'd request you to please submit your feedback and update the discussion.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have also been experiencing this issue. I have imported large jpegs of my designs into XD and know that the quality of the jpegs is fine. When I preview the prototype within XD (by pressing the play button) my prototype and images like fine, sharp and crisp.

However, when I export my prototype (Share > Share for preview) and generate a URL link, once I few this in browser, any long pages in my prototype go completely pixelated. The shorter pages are ok, its all the long pages. They are completely unreadable.

I have found a work around currently, and that is by slicing any long jpegs into sections and piecing them together within XD. For long pages, this can be up to 10 slices in order for the designs to not look pixelated! So it's very time consuming.

Hope this helps resolve this issue, as I am also having to spent three times as long on creating my prototypes by following this slicing method!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the workaround solution, Alysia. We really appreciate your efforts. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an acceptable workaround, Adobe you are charging insane amounts of money for your products and this is table stakes for a product like this. How could you not have tested this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround method! It's 2021 and I am still having to slice images into 2000px height chunks, individually import them, and then piece them together in XD. Adobe, kindly get around to fixing this so we can stop wasting our time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats absolutely mad, this actually works. Agreed that this shouldn't have to be what you have to do to fix that issue though! Thanks for the work around 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue on my end. Long page publishes in a pixelated quality on preview. I tried saving the comp at twice the resolution to see if it did anything and it did not. It feels like if the image is over a certain size, XD resizes it to a low resolution version for previewing online, making it look terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I have a long timeline graphic that scrolls down vertically. It's 7000pixes long. It's an infographic that's meant to be seen this way.  

It's blurry (pixalated) and unreadable.  

They only way I can fix it is to place a vector shape somewhere over the image.  Even then it doesn't export for retina displays.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue tryied all options still the export link with large screenshots shows blurry. It works only in the preview but not in the export link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The long image I had was done in Adobe Illustrator.  So instead of using the exported image of it, I copied and pasted the vector art directy from Adobe Illustrator to XD.  This is the best solution for me, but of course if you only have a bitmap image, this is no good.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is not resolved! A lot of raster images in prototypes are blurry. They are alignd to pixel grid, they are sharp when viewing in XD and Desktop preview. But they become blurry when viewing in browser. And all prototype just looks like trash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We can surely test this on our end, for that could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file and a link published at your end? If yes, please add the original file and the published link on shared cloud storage and you can either share the link here or you can send a DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I'm having the exactly same issue here. I'm sending you a DM as well, ok?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can confirm we are having this issue if we have long images in an Artboard, on publish, the images get pixilated.

This problem goes away if the hight of the image is not too long, This needs to be fixed ASAP as it is time consuming for our company and designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the issue before, now it's gone, so confusing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its currently August 2020, and this still hasn't been fixed. When will adobe fix their programs? Maybe this is why they keep closing old apps (because all their competitors are finally taking over the industry because they actually debug their applications).

Why can't this be fixed? I've tried on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same kind of problem.

Dicovering Adobe XD was great, but now I've realized that I cannot show my app prototypes because they look pixelized and blurry (like very low-quality jpegs) on XD for Android on a Samsung device. Curiously slightly better with pngs

Adobe XD is therefore useless. 

I'm amazed to discover this problem is going on for ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost 2021 and it's still not fixed! I sent you all the details this summer. Super simple case with just one image in the entire prototype. Bug is out there for years now.

Also, this conversation is marked as "Solved".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it is 2021 and STILL NOT FIXED! after 2 months of hard work and also paying to subscribe so I can get more links to share my prototype.... I find out it looks rubbish cause half of its pixelated!

Dan5FB1_0-1610057311749.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines