Highlighted

Border stroke default

Advocate ,
May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? Cause surely no intelligent software engineer would actually make border strokes a default feature? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something. And please stop asking people to upvote obvious stuff for it to be considered on your official XD developer site! If you keep on doing that this application will never lift off as anything other than an eternal "in progress" project. Some things are just a must. It doesn't have to be voted on. C'mon Adobe, really?  

I did not find a similar feature request here Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

You can create a request using that link. If the feature gets enough traction by way of votes, the team can prioritize it for future development.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Border stroke default

Advocate ,
May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? Cause surely no intelligent software engineer would actually make border strokes a default feature? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something. And please stop asking people to upvote obvious stuff for it to be considered on your official XD developer site! If you keep on doing that this application will never lift off as anything other than an eternal "in progress" project. Some things are just a must. It doesn't have to be voted on. C'mon Adobe, really?  

I did not find a similar feature request here Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

You can create a request using that link. If the feature gets enough traction by way of votes, the team can prioritize it for future development.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2018 9
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2018 0
Advocate ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I just wrote in my post: Please stop asking people to upvote obvious stuff for it to be considered on your official XD developer site! If you keep on doing that this application will never lift off as anything other than an eternal "in progress" project. Some things are just a must. It doesn't have to be voted on. C'mon Adobe, really? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2018 4
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't think it's that obvious at all. We've talked to a ton of people, and no one else has mentioned the desire to have border as defaulted to off. Please do file it in UserVoice, and we can see what others think of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2018 0
Advocate ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A ton of people? I work in a pretty large design environment with over 85 designers and creatives. I haven't talked to anyone that have tried XD that doesn't find this default border stroke annoying. Think about it, how often do you need a default border stroke when you are drawing boxes and elements to be used in an UI? What did you do in PS? You avoided that. A border stroke is an added style. It is something you add by need, not something you would like to turn OFF a billion times a day. Listen, if you think your doing the right thing then at least add a "remember this choice" function so the rest of us (and I still believe we are the most) can have the pleasure of not dealing with that insanely annoying default border stroke. I urge you to keep consistency.

Ps: This has been added to the user-voice, but its odd to see how often you avoid fixing obvious issues in XD and always point to that user voice forum. For instance you didn't introduce underline to text before people added it a million times to the user voice whilst most people would take that as a must have and not a nice to have. Same thing with fixed elements and a ton of other things. Dear Adobe, please iterate this application by common sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 8
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling there hasn't been an opportunity to get detailed feedback from a team of designers using the product in production. The "ton of people" might be the rest of the dev team, or maybe actual designers just be assuming that this is still so new and the obvious things will be corrected soon. It's just such a basic thing in the design world that a border is not a default.  Love the product in general! Great work!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2018 4
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a stroke on most objects in a design is just bad design in general. I'm annoyed that there isn't a way to default to border-less boxes also. Even some applications allow you to default by the last shape drawn or set a default when on a home screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 6
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with perrybrus, since a default border is not needed in 99% while designing. At least make this function optional and let the designer choose to disable or enable it. In Sketch it is the same frustrating issue, but at least there I can hit the shortcut B and get rid of the border; this is also missing in XD.

Serkan Zararsız

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 3
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also fell that the border must be off by default. 90% of the time I find if annoying to turn off the border manually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 3
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's fairly common sense and logical that most boxs (divs) do not have a border in modern designs? Regardless of the people you have spoke to.  This VERY reply box for example has no stroke? It should either remember last option, or just allow a setting if you adobe insists on defaulting it on for "a ton of people"! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread kind of shows how out of touch adobe is getting... sad. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Border stroke ON by default is so annoying. I watch so many XD videos and the first thing I see everyone do after creating a shape is uncheck the border. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 3
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree, very frustrating feature 😞 would much prefer to add a border only if i felt it was necessary 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. I have found a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34322818-set-objec...

Please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0