• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken Shadows in Shared Link

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update broke rendering of shadows on web share links.Broken Shadows in Shared Link.png

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue you are facing with shadows on share links. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on the windows machine. I am able to see the shadow on the share link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/35a46eac-1b09-4265-a3b5-72131a498d88-60f7/

Would you mind telling me if it's happening with a specific file or all files? Is it a development link or a design for review link? Could you please share the link with me so that I can check at my end? Ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running version 36.1.32 on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue you are facing with shadows on share links. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on the windows machine. I am able to see the shadow on the share link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/35a46eac-1b09-4265-a3b5-72131a498d88-60f7/

Would you mind telling me if it's happening with a specific file or all files? Is it a development link or a design for review link? Could you please share the link with me so that I can check at my end? Are you able to see the shadow effect properly in desktop preview within XD app? 

I would suggest checking on a different browser or with a new file. 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Inexplicably, I can no longer reproduce the issue either.

Previously the issue was occurring consistently with every file tested and both 'design review' and 'development' share types. Desktop preview had rendered correctly. Only the share link had the issue (tested only in Chrome).

Still unclear what caused it, or why it works now. Seems unrelated to the file itself since links that had the issue yesterday and were unchanged are now displaying correctly. 

Thanks,

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear the issue is resolved. I assume it might be a browser issue. Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

I would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

This problem is back. It's affecting all of my shared links, including links where shadows were previously rendering correctly, but now they don't. This problem is not only affect me. Other users in my organization whom the links are shared with are seeing the same results.

Here is a link to an example share

https://xd.adobe.com/view/cc930ed8-d397-4d72-8fd9-dc185fc465e5-99c0/ 

Here is what it looks like in design mode by comparison

Broken Shadows 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines