• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug Adobe XD Update Breaks Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I update Adobe XD thru the Adobe CC software, it breaks my Start menu tiles that are supposed to show content. My calendar tile does not show appointments anymore, the weather app doesn't show the weather, mail doesn't show e-mail, etc. Apparently this does not happen when any other Adobe apps are updated, like Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. Only Adobe XD causes this problem which leads me to believe it could be related to the fact that it is a different type of app. Windows Store app? No other Windows Store app causes this problem when updated.

Already tried to kill and restart the Windows Explorer and Start Menu processes in task manager and it does not fix it. The only solution to get it back to normal is to restart the PC, which is extremely inconvenient and annoying.

My system is running perfectly, everything is updated. Running Windows 10 64bits 1903.

Any ideas?

AdobeXD Broken Start Menu.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Adobe XD Version 22.3.12.2 installed?

I have the same version of Win10 1903.

My Start tiles are working fine, I've never noticed that they didn't work.

Is this also in correlation with a White Screen on XD which required a restart of the system or some other method to get it working?
Could you remove the XD tile from the Start before doing an update and see if that makes any difference to the rest of the tiles when you do the next XD update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify. Adobe XD works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, Adobe XD works fine. The only problem is when I launch Adobe Creative Cloud to update the apps. All other apps like PS and LR update without issues. When Adobe XD finishes updating, the task bar flashes, all icons reload, similar to when you kill and restart the explorer process and then the tiles break. I'll try removing the XD tile in the next update,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KylePhoto, this sounds strange, would you mind enabling auto-updated from Creative Cloud app? 
Please see this link for detailed procedure: - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html. Check for "Enable auto-update for all apps from Preferences" on this page and follow the steps. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KylePhoto, this sounds strange, would you mind enabling auto-updated from Creative Cloud app. Please see this link for detailed procedure: - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html. Check for "Enable auto-update for all apps from Preferences"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Adobe XD on Adobe Creative Cloud and when I opened it with Crash errors, I had to download Adobe XD 22.3.12 online instead and it worked normally, I think the update on Adobe Creative Cloud has problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I traveled from the US to Europe with a Lenovo Workstation running windows 10. When I arrived, on the first day, several updates took place to Adobe products through the CC app and to Windows. After that I noticed that the start menu wasn't working but used the right click menu instead. Later I realized that XD wasn't working at all. Both the start menu and XD start to load and then quit. With XD I see a white screen for about 10 seconds. I am back in the US and the same problems continue. I have tried almost all of the techniques that I've found on the web for fixing both the XD and start menu problems except for installing a clean version of windows. I would like to be able to run the most recent version of XD but am still traveling and don't have access to a mac. I don't know if the problem is related to CC updates, the windows update, or maybe something related to the programs updating to versions that are in compliance with EU regulations. It really hasn't been a big inconvenience but it could be in the future and I would like to get things back to normal without having to remove everything from this computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I neglected to mention that XD version 23.1.32 seems to work fine. Windows 10 Pro version 1909, 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines