Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug – Component state above does not override links underneath

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

There seems to be a bug where a link undernath an expanded component state is still active. It would be more logical for components above to disable any interactivity from elements underneath. Please see an example of this here:

https://xd.adobe.com/view/de2b0d45-3053-4d30-84b0-4de7bf0928f2-8b78/

Hoping you can help.

Thanks, Ian

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

In your case, as Atul suggested, you could use an overlay, which counts as a separate screen and disables interactions below it.

In other cases, however, you can't use an overlay, and it's still annoying. I agree with the fact that if an element is on top of another, any hotspots or links from the element below should not be clickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out. I have checked the prototype link that you have shared. I'll share your feedback with the team. I think it would be better to use overlay for such animations. What are your views on this? 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your case, as Atul suggested, you could use an overlay, which counts as a separate screen and disables interactions below it.

In other cases, however, you can't use an overlay, and it's still annoying. I agree with the fact that if an element is on top of another, any hotspots or links from the element below should not be clickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines