Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components cause memory leak in XD 41.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

41.1.12.9 x64

Let this be a warning to whoever needs it. Be aware having compontents in your file that are copied from another file will cause a memory leak that will lead you down a horrid path. 

I've been working on a web design project for some time. A new colleague starts and I instruct them to develop some ideas in their own XD file while I focus on other things. The plan being, anything they do that makes the cut can be added to the main file i'm working from. 

After 2 weeks I'm ready to rejoin the project and i'm excited to include my colleagues ideas. So I open their file, copy across a few elements and move on to other parts of the site.

Queue 2 days of antagonising memory leak issues.... 

Where talking eating up 130gb of available space in 15 minutes,  force quitting non stop, troubleshooting, creating new files, copying elements across, local/cloud, removing potential culprits like images/masks, updating my OS, updating XD, clearing caches, using CC cleaner to uninstall anything related to Adobe (as instructed by Adobe employees in similar threads about memory leaks) 

The culprit 4 layers (3 text and a burger menu) that were listed as components that I wasn't aware of.

HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF BUGGING OUT AND CAUSING MEMORY LEAKS.
Instead, how about a simple pop-up saying "You have unlinked components in your file that may cause issues" 

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi joeb73554935,

Sorry for all the trouble and thank you for sharing your suggestion and feedback. I will make sure to share your suggestion with our team so that they can look into this. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines