• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[BUG][DESIGN] Pasting modified component instance into another file resets it

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm copying a modified component instance on file A, but when I paste it on file B, the pasted component is a reseted instance but I want to copy, paste and use the modifications I did on file A.

If I'm not wrong, this bug was fixed before.

Windows 10

Latest XD version

No logs

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on my end, I was able to paste the modified component instance without it getting reset. Having said that, I do want to highlight that the layers panel will show the main component. Would you mind sharing a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening at your end? We'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you copy a component from one file to another, a "linked component" is created. If you have already copied this same component before, and it has a pending update, then you'll need to apply the update first. Could that be the cause?

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines