• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: editing master component breaks groups

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an odd one, so hopefully the screen shots will help to explain. I have had this happen a few times since the new update, but sometimes when i edit my master component (seems to happen with components i have edited a few times, not brand new components) It can break the children in a very weird way.

example:
Selected master component
Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 11.14.29.png

Edited component with broken child (here, i just resized the group inside it. The moment i change the size, it breake the child)
Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 11.15.05.png

File structure:
Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 11.15.34.png

things to note: 
XD Version: 24.1.22.6
MAC version: 10.14.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andeh86,

Sorry for the delay in response, the screenshots were really helpful. Would you mind add the screenshot of responsive re-sizeconstraints properties from the PI of "high accuracy" group?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

Thanks for responding regarding this. I had a look at the responsive resize is turned on, but set to all 4 sides. Disabling responsive resize fixed the issue.

Now there is a fun little bug with this. When i turned responsive resize OFF, it fixes it. When i turn it back on (without doing anything else, litterally just off and on again) It destroys the child componenet.

Just to note: This does seem to only happen on a resized child. if its not resized, it works fine.

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 10.43.22.png

(This is what happens when i just rotate the group)

fun times! 

Thanks,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah this happens to me too, it seems extra weird when you have a compenent nested and reset to master. It breaks when you reset the parent to master, the nested one goes back to the modified state. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines