• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Relinked files do not stay linked after saving and closing file

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file with all my designs, linking in components from two other resource files. At some point, I moved all my files to a new location (new drive location). Understandably, the main design file was not able to find the moved resource files, so I relinked them. However, after relinking everything and saving the file, if I close the file and reopen it, the newly relinked files are once again lost.

A couple of caveats: The new location is a new drive (not C:), and the folder is marked by SyncThing to sync files onto a server upon any change. I doubt that SyncThing is casuing this, as its only monitoring the folder for changes and uploading it to the server as is.

Could we get a better way to managed linked in files? At the moment, I have to just hope Adobe XD can find stuff.

TOPICS
Missing feature , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I have escalated your question to our team and will get back to you as soon as I hear any suggestions from their end.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts if they might want to share anything that will help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines