• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug] Unpredictable results when aligning, resizing, moving or adjusting elements in components

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had various issues working with elements inside of components since the last update to Adobe XD. 

Issues include totally unpredictable movement/alignment results. For example attempting to top-align to elements will result in one of the elements moving thousands of pixels right. Attempting to drag to resize an element will suddenly set its height and width to 0. 

Often times input fields for width/height x/y position will become irratic or unresponsive. Attempting to put a number value in will result in a completely different value being entered (i.e attempting to enter the value "40" and the value "65478458" showing up.) Other times it will just reset the value to 0 regardless of what you enter. Padding and stacking order is also often broken and buggy.

I've attached a video showing all these issues. This is only a handful of the videos I have documenting these (and various other) issues.

This is extremely hard to work with. It's difficult to promote or suggest a product when these issues keep appearing.

XD Version: 35.3.12.2

Windows 10 Home Version 2004, OS Build 19041.746

Creative Cloud Version 5.3.1.470

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

We are sorry for the frustration. I would suggest checking if there are any system pending updates. If nothing helps. please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and initiate a chat with our assisted support team so that they can remote into your system and see the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 36.2 and let us know if you are still experiencing the issues? We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thank you for responding so quickly. Unfortunately I can't seem to update my version (see attached) CC is reporting that I have the most up to date version. Is there any way to force an update?

Thanks,

Bardia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Please un-install the app and re-install. For more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled XD but unfortunately it will only allow me to install version 35.3 as the newest version. Please see the attached images, you can see I've uninstalled the app (since it I have the option to install it) and it is reporting the version as 35.3

I also attempted the other solutions in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html i... removing the OPM.db file and logging in again. Still only shows version 35.3

I've reinstalled XD again just to make sure and it is still reporting as version 35.3

Not sure what else to do here, these issues have essentially put a stop to all my work today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, apologies but I accidentally responded to my originaly post. Please see my response below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Rishabh,

I managed to update my version of XD to 36.0.32 -- the newest one available to me through Creative Cloud. The option to update only appeared after multiple restarts and sign in/out of CC app. 

However even with this version I am still seeing the same strange alignment behavoir inside components. I haven't had time to test everything documented in my original video yet but you can see the alignment issue in the video I've attached, as well as the version of Adobe XD I have available through CC.

Are these issues addressed in the 36.2 incremental update? I suspect some of this issue comes from the fact that these components were orignally made many versions of XD ago and I'm sort of dreading the idea of re-creating every component here (there are many) from scratch and then run into this problem again 2-3 major versions down the road.

Any help here is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Bardia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Still struggling with these issues. Still not able to update beyond 36.0.32. Still unable to continue my work. Is there any solution to this? 

This isn't the first time I've looked for support on these forums with no resolution and not even a follow up. Really not impressed with Adobe these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry for the frustration. I would suggest checking if there are any system pending updates. If nothing helps. please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and initiate a chat with our assisted support team so that they can remote into your system and see the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I have been working at XD for 2 years. During this time, I lost files about 10 times without being able to recover. I had to start everything from 0. After that, I started saving new files every day, as a result, I already have 100 files of one mobile application, because at any moment I can lose the latest version.

Half a year ago I updated my computer and there were a lot of program updates, the file loss problem disappeared, but I still don't trust XD and keep saving new versions all the time.

Also, regardless of the XD version and the computer, there is a HORSE component working problem. Everything that you wrote to me regularly happens.

I store all the components in a separate UI KIT file, and draw the design in others.

Yesterday I added a new state to the text input field component with an icon that is not in the base state, while I did not touch the base state. As a result, after updating the component in the design file, all text fields broke, the text flew away in an unknown direction from the input field. I had to reset all fields throughout the application to the base state and fix it by hand.

This happens all the time, the worst thing is when there are many elements in the component and the component often uses, then if it breaks down, a catastrophe occurs, I have already encountered this more than once and redrawn almost half of the design, i.e. elements inside the component fly away in an unknown direction or disappear or change their size, but most often they change their location, it just infuriates !!!

After two years of work at XD, I can say one thing: "I curse the day when I chose XD, not figma, because I thought that Adobe would finally be able to create at least something consistently working and functional according to customer requests. , and they, as always, have created a freak, which they continue to increase, but as always in all products they do not solve the most basic and important problems !!! Each next update introduces me to a panic fear that I will open the file and everything in it will crumble into a bunch of pieces and you will have to redo everything from 0.".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines