Highlighted

[BUG] When copying a master symbol to another document, it shows an older version

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a really annoying issue at the moment.

I have two documents: document A and document B.

Document A is the pure wireframes with symbols for each component.

Document B has annotated wires with elements copied out from Document A.

When I make a change to the symbol in document A, there is no way to get document B to pick up on these changes (i.e. inherit all changes). Furthermore when I copy out the symbol from document A, when I paste it into document B, it stays as it was before the changes. The only way I have found round this is to copy the component in document A, ungroup as a symbol, then copy and paste. This makes no sense and I feel like there should at least be the option to paste without inheriting as well as a short term workaround.

TOPICS
Desktop, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[BUG] When copying a master symbol to another document, it shows an older version

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a really annoying issue at the moment.

I have two documents: document A and document B.

Document A is the pure wireframes with symbols for each component.

Document B has annotated wires with elements copied out from Document A.

When I make a change to the symbol in document A, there is no way to get document B to pick up on these changes (i.e. inherit all changes). Furthermore when I copy out the symbol from document A, when I paste it into document B, it stays as it was before the changes. The only way I have found round this is to copy the component in document A, ungroup as a symbol, then copy and paste. This makes no sense and I feel like there should at least be the option to paste without inheriting as well as a short term workaround.

TOPICS
Desktop, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2019 0

Have something to add?