• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug when exporting an artboard as PDF containing a 3D transformed image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to export an artboard as PDF but you have a 3D transformed image on it (I haven't tested if the same happens with objects in general),  the image wither doesn't show at all or it shows very deformed. I had to export the artboard as a JPG first, bring it back to Xd and export again as PDF, that's the only way it worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hi Danilo,

Sorry for the inconvience caused, bug has been already logged from our end and we're looking into it.
Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danilo,

Sorry for the inconvience caused, bug has been already logged from our end and we're looking into it.
Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export XD artboard as a PDF file,

but the object which uses 3D transform tool disappears on PDF.

How can I make the object showing up on PDF? ;(

I need the PDF file for my cliant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have already logged a bug for the issue and the team is working on a fix. You'll surely see an improvement in future releases.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i exported an artboard in PDF format the 3d objects having images in it were all blurred out or having solid colours in them instead of the images please look forward to the issue. As it is visible in the image only a foreshadow of the object exported in a pdf form is visible.issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. This is a known bug and the team is working on it. You'll definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Is there any follow up? 

Still having the same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged for Bugfixing Mar 23, 2021

By @mhiremat

Ah, the beauty of the Adobe Customer support. Bug looged for almost a year now, and it's still broken. At least we don't have to pay a high monthly subscription for this Alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bah ha ha ha. Read my mind. It's now May 2022 and it's still broken. I never use Microsoft Office anymore, and I can't wait to give Adobe the boot. Work is the only reason I still use it. And I do still love photoshop, but if I ever go freelance, I'll need to make a change. 

My current prefrences over Adobe: 

Figma > XD (work makes me use XD)

Davinci Resolve > Premier (work makes me use Premier)

Davinci Resolve, for my purposes = After Effects 

Logic Pro > * 1000 than Audition (work doesn't care thank god)

And when I go freelance, Affinity will cover my needs nicely for Photoshop and Illustrator. 

Sorry, Adobe. You are now far too corporate for a creative industry. Stop holding us hostage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ran into this problem aswell...

Small workaround: 

The 3d image or object that u wonna put on ur PDF. Copy it as a SVG and re-insert it at the correct spot.

Next time you export as PDF the object or image will be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines