Highlighted

Bug when pasting components between documents

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You've had this bug for ages and it's literally impossible to work with components between different documents... I don't know what to do!

The scenario: If I create the components in document 1, I have x amount of artboards in this document. I then need to isolate some screens, so I copy paste the artboards for another document. I then do some changes and get those screens signed off, so I need to put them on a document that has all the final screens >>>> this resets all my components to the master state (Like CTA here, Button label, etc etc...) and to the master size and atributes.. It's literally impossible now to move screens from documents without getting this bug.. and now I can't have a document that is the FINAL one because I can't put the artboards on the same document, otherwise I loose all the work.

Summary: The problem is I need to have multiple "work" documents but then need to have the final screens in just one document > components reset to master when copy pasting.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this or to avoid this problem.

Thanks 

Maria

Hi Maria,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I assume you are facing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/m-p/11304876?page=1#M33678

If so, the team is already investigating the issue and working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Let me know if I misunderstood your issue. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Design, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug when pasting components between documents

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You've had this bug for ages and it's literally impossible to work with components between different documents... I don't know what to do!

The scenario: If I create the components in document 1, I have x amount of artboards in this document. I then need to isolate some screens, so I copy paste the artboards for another document. I then do some changes and get those screens signed off, so I need to put them on a document that has all the final screens >>>> this resets all my components to the master state (Like CTA here, Button label, etc etc...) and to the master size and atributes.. It's literally impossible now to move screens from documents without getting this bug.. and now I can't have a document that is the FINAL one because I can't put the artboards on the same document, otherwise I loose all the work.

Summary: The problem is I need to have multiple "work" documents but then need to have the final screens in just one document > components reset to master when copy pasting.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this or to avoid this problem.

Thanks 

Maria

Hi Maria,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I assume you are facing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/m-p/11304876?page=1#M33678

If so, the team is already investigating the issue and working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Design, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I assume you are facing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/m-p/11304876?...

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem over the last week! Except it's not just reverting to older versions of the component, elements are simply disappearing. I assume it's somehow related but I can't figure out how. All I know is that when I paste the element or artboard in, half of it is missing.

I had way too many artboards in my XD file -- and you know, XD also has a width limit on their interface, so you literally can only do so much side-to-side in order -- AND they don't allow for multiple pages within one document. So, I did the same as you: I grabbed about 6 artboards to work on in a new document. I need to be done with this today and am running into the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0