Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with font SF Pro Display when previewed on the Adobe Xd Mobile App

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the last few months I've experienced a bug with the font SF Pro Display whereby whenever I preview an interface on my phone through the Xd Mobile App, the position of the text does not correspond to what I set on my computer. In my specific case the mobile app shows a preview where the text box is always shifted 14px on the left side compared to the computer.

Technical details:

Adobe Xd 35.1.12.5

Adobe Xd Mobile 36.0

Mac Book Pro Intel iCore - Big Sur 11.1

iPhone 11 iOS 14.2

Connection between Mac and iPhone establised by cable

Hope enough details were provided.

Best

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you so much for waiting on the issue. After a long investigation on this issue and trying all the aspects to fix it. The team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, which won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms. There is something related to this going on in the backend, but until then, there is nothing that team can do to fix it. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Note: Marking as c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 361 and check if its happening on that as well. In case if it still happens, we'll need to test this on our end, so please share a sample file. You can add the file to a shared location, like Google Drive or Drop box and share the link.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you so much for waiting on the issue. After a long investigation on this issue and trying all the aspects to fix it. The team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, which won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms. There is something related to this going on in the backend, but until then, there is nothing that team can do to fix it. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Note: Marking as correct only to highlight.>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, you appear to have done developers a disservice by marking your answer as correct - not sure why you did that. Consequently, it's been a year now since this issue was posted here, it is 100% unresolved despite many versions of Adobe XD coming out since then, and nobody seems to be getting a response any more despite flagging it again. Indeed, if there is no response even from you to this post of mine, it would be proof of what I said above.

I request Adobe to fix this issue. It is a serious impediment for people like me who have designed a large number of screens already for a project, and now cannot move to Sketch or Figma. The reason we choose tools from a company like Adobe is so that such issues do not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Apple thing. Copyright. I switched, begrudgingly, to Helvetica Neue, just so I could get on with it. 

I don't think it will ever be resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so 18 months later and we still cannot use xD app on a mobile device without xD prototypes. 
If we can use fonts through creative cloud, why can't the moble xD app use the NATIVE FONT IN iOS to render the prototype??? and if it is an issue, why can't xD render the prototype to the phone in a usable way? without the font accurately rendered, the prototype function is kinda pointless isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda tired with this f... issue! It's been couple years now and still can't use SF font in the XD app.IMG_0052.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Is there any workaround or solution so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using Inter, a Google Font, and it is the best substitute....as long as the Character Spacing is set a whopping -20!  Cannot really tell the differnce when applied this way for design preview puposes (Black, Bold and Regular).  All other fonts I tried failed the visual test as far as I'm concerned.  Obviously, using SF would be preferred, but feeling releaved at this work-around.  Thought I'd share since the struggle seems to be ongoing. 

BTW; loaded the font(s) on my iPhone using iFont app from the App Store....pretty cool  https://youtu.be/hXrfyJ3RhQk 

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the cap/x height seems a little taller for Inter versus SF, so be ware when designing vertically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ongoing...in late December 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sad. 2023. Never using any Adobe product again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just use Figma, Sletch, Framer or any one of the other design apps that allow native fonts to render properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, Since Adobe will not fix this, the closest alternative we can get is SF Pro Display. This font will have no issues previewing the XD App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is about SF Pro Display - did you mean to type something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines