Highlighted

BUG - XD still in French after uninstall and reinstall

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is still in french even if "default install language" is set to english and I have uninstall and reinstall the XD app.

premiere pro is in english

photoshop is in english

illustrator is in english

rush is in english

XD still in french

I set up my Creative Cloud to english following these instructions. To be clear, it was installed in french first. I think that might be the source of my problem specifically for XD.

Then follow this 

To apply the language change to an app already installed on your computer, uninstall and reinstall the app.

I uninstall it,  "exit" creative cloud services, open again and reisntall and still in french,

ACC 5.3.1.470

apps 5.3.1.470

after looking at this it looks like XD is totally different software architeture compare to tradionnal adobe apps.
it's probably link to the installation of creative cloud language which was french.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

BUG - XD still in French after uninstall and reinstall

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is still in french even if "default install language" is set to english and I have uninstall and reinstall the XD app.

premiere pro is in english

photoshop is in english

illustrator is in english

rush is in english

XD still in french

I set up my Creative Cloud to english following these instructions. To be clear, it was installed in french first. I think that might be the source of my problem specifically for XD.

Then follow this 

To apply the language change to an app already installed on your computer, uninstall and reinstall the app.

I uninstall it,  "exit" creative cloud services, open again and reisntall and still in french,

ACC 5.3.1.470

apps 5.3.1.470

after looking at this it looks like XD is totally different software architeture compare to tradionnal adobe apps.
it's probably link to the installation of creative cloud language which was french.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please uninstall XD application using the Adobe Cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Once uninstalled, please re-install the application and let us know if this works or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions
once in the creative cloud cleaner tool, go in menu 4 to clean up CC apps and I see that I have lots of XD version
I have 6 XD with different version. there is 5 in picture since I deleted one.

xd.png

no more XD

xd_no.png

well it does not work!

I am 100% certain it's the fact that my win OS is in french because when I log as admin or open as admin, I see things in french.

I think my laptop was installed in french and told IT I wanted windows in english.

Win10 is in english and all other adobe apps are in english.
All the best tutorial are in english and hard to follow with a french UI.

Let your team know about this issue and I will figure things out.

thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0