• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buggiest software I've ever had the displeasure of using - coediting broken, can't publish, no specs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was great... until I tried using coediting. Yes, I understand it's still in beta, but it does not work even a little bit. I added one other person to a file, and every time one of us opens the file while the other is in it, the person already there gets an error and it crashes. Every time a new update came out, we updated, hoping it would fix the bug, but each time, it got worse. Now, in addition to coediting not working, I can't publish my file. Every time I go to update the link, it takes ~1 hour to get to 99%, and then it tells me there was an error. Not only that, but my spec links no longer display the specs tab! I have had dozens of developers at may desk day in and day out for the past few days asking for specs and updates over and over and over and over. I now spend a majority of my day trying to open and publish files. I can't get anything done, and the project I'm working on is coming to a standstill with nearly 50 developers idling while they wait for updates.

The only thing I can figure for the update issue is that the file has gotten too big. I only have ~160 artboards and have been trying to delete unused ones, but this project is easily going to get up to 500+ artboards in the next few weeks. At this point, these issues are threatening the business initiative I am currently working on. This is about to cost my company millions of dollars if it isn't solved soon. Someone please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Hi taylorb,

We are sorry that you are facing this issue.
Could you please share the XD file at ayrathi@adobe.com with us so that we can look into the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a dozen times a day I get error 2143:

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 5.19.16 PM.png

I'm guessing this is from the other guy also trying to work on the file, but I'm not sure. We've been mostly working in separate files all week, but this still keeps happening in the shared file.

Other info:

XD version: 24.3.22

Region: Texas, USA

Will update with more error codes if I am ever able to get into the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this one a number of times throughout the day as well:

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 6.39.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting another hour to update the spec link, I got this error again:

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 7.33.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi taylorb,

Could you please share the XD file at ayrathi@adobe.com with us so that we can look into the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi taylorb,

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team of 15+ people has the same problem.

We have a design system file that has been used in different product files. After enabled the co-editing feature when someone is working on a file, the error 2143 shows up. After the error, all the changes made in 1-8 minutes are lost without any reference in the versioning area. Since this is the main file we can't just copy it to another because of linked components. We are stuck!

I am currently interfacing with dedicated adobe support. Who took care of the collection of logs using Adobe Log Collector and Adobe Clear Tool. However, the situation remains the same! I don't recommend using the co-editing feature for client projects, because we already missed our deadline and made a bad impression.

errore-1b.jpg

errore-1a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Horoman,

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines