• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button states can no be aligned stacks don't work in preview mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a big pause I decided to switch from Sketch to Adobe XD for a small project. I have three problems at the moment I want to discuss:

--I have a button component that uses padding to resize when text is changed. The button has two states: Default and Hover

If you create an instance of the button and change the text of one of states the button resizes. But if you move the button and do not change the text of the other state thre is no way later to align the position of the two states? Has anyone solved this or you always remember to change the text of all states?

-- I have a component that is a expand/collapse panel. This component is inside a stack group. When in design mode if I change the state of the component to collapsed all the elements under it will move up as per the stacks settings. But this doesn't work when in preview mode? Why?

--I have a component that has other components inside. Can I animate the states of the partent component and the iner component with a tab action on the inner component?

Thank you

P.S.

So far compared to Sketch this is very bad, especially the managment and integration with libraries and how you work with colours and components. 

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. There are certain limitations while using stacks. If you hover an element with a hover state that grows in size, the background does not resize to fit the new state, and elements in the stack are not pushed away. It does work in design mode however not in preview mode. For more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fi/xd/user-guide.html/fi/xd/help/create-dynamic-designs-with-stacks.ug.html

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or feedback.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rishabh,

Hopefully that will be improved. Also Hover state doesn't work with other states, what I mean: If I have defautl state, hover state and one other state, and I change the colour of an element in the hover state, it becomes a mess because the hover state is treated as any other state. So instead like in CSS when I have an element and make a change for the hover state, XD can't rememebr which element I change in hover. Making the hover state pretty useless in compelx scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines