Highlighted

Can I make wireframes, made in Illustrator, interactive with Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I made all my wireframes in Illustrator and I would like to make them interactive to visualize the flow.

Can I import them in Adobe XD and add interaction to all the elements of the wireframes? I read that you can only do this with logo's or illustrations made in Illustrator, but not an entire wireframe?

I really hope I don't need to start from scratch and recreate the wireframes completely in Adobe XD? Fingers crossed! And if that's the case, are there maybe other free tools I can use without having to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Just open the AI file with all the artboards.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I make wireframes, made in Illustrator, interactive with Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I made all my wireframes in Illustrator and I would like to make them interactive to visualize the flow.

Can I import them in Adobe XD and add interaction to all the elements of the wireframes? I read that you can only do this with logo's or illustrations made in Illustrator, but not an entire wireframe?

I really hope I don't need to start from scratch and recreate the wireframes completely in Adobe XD? Fingers crossed! And if that's the case, are there maybe other free tools I can use without having to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few possible options but the one that I would try first would be to simply copy the Illustrator Items and paste them into XD. This way most of the items should remain editable and adjustable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I tried different ways to open my Illustrator files in Adobe XD:

• File > Open

• File > New. I made sure the new document had the same amount of artboards as my Illustrator file. I selected all art boards in Adobe XD. Then I did File > Import

• Dragging Illustrator file into Adobe XD

I always get the same result: Only one art board (the first) is imported into Adobe XD. I searched for import options, but couldn't find any.

I don't know what could be the problem. Is it possible to import all art boards in Adobe XD? I worked with layers and groups in my Illustrator files, but that shouldn't be a problem. Because according to Adobe's XD user guide all of the layers, artboards, effects, symbols and artwork should be preserved and editable.

Nevermind, I found the solution. I just copy pasted the content from each Illustrator-art board in Adobe XD and that seems to work. But thanks anyway for your help. 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0