Highlighted

Can I use XD wire frames in "off-line" training programs

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use XD wire frames to emulate the function of an existing UI on a large piece of industrial equipment.  Currently, we ship physical units to all our training sites so trainees can experience moving through the screens and interacting with the content.  This is expensive and does not scale. 

I have proven that I can create the desired interactions, including guided scenarios with XD.  In fact, I love doing this and have found it to be even more powerful than shipping the actual equipment. 

Here is my question / challenge.  Is there someway to create a .exe, or .html, or some other format that will allow us to provide an interactive, on-screen wire frames to multiple people who may or may not be on-line at the time?  Is there some way to embed this content into some eLearning platform like Captivate?

Thanks

Mark Walters

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I use XD wire frames in "off-line" training programs

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use XD wire frames to emulate the function of an existing UI on a large piece of industrial equipment.  Currently, we ship physical units to all our training sites so trainees can experience moving through the screens and interacting with the content.  This is expensive and does not scale. 

I have proven that I can create the desired interactions, including guided scenarios with XD.  In fact, I love doing this and have found it to be even more powerful than shipping the actual equipment. 

Here is my question / challenge.  Is there someway to create a .exe, or .html, or some other format that will allow us to provide an interactive, on-screen wire frames to multiple people who may or may not be on-line at the time?  Is there some way to embed this content into some eLearning platform like Captivate?

Thanks

Mark Walters

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. Unfortunately, this is not available as of now. However, you could record the interactions in prototypes. Please see this page for more info: Learn how to preview prototypes and record interactions using Adobe XD.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika

Thank you for your quick response.  Unfortunately preview prototypes does not work for me.  This capability would be great to add to XD and / or Captivate.  Can you recommend another wireframeing tools?

Thanks

Mark Walters

<Personal Info is removed by Moderator>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a future feature request at Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest submitting your feedback here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page.

I would like to keep the discussion open for our experts here who may suggest any wireframing tools.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the same Mark -- a vendor has offered us XD files to link to as training. Without being integrated with a Learning Management System (LMS), we will have no way of accounting for trainee usage. 

I use the Articulate 360 platform of tools: Rise, Storyline360, etc.

Do you know - or have you gotten any further in this question?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0