I am unable to copy and paste linked images from Illustrator 2018 to Adobe XD 2018 on Mac. The issue seems to be the same whether this linked image is on it's own, part of a group, or part of a clipping path. In all cases, no image shows up.
Yet this Adobe help doc says the following, "You can also copy and paste bitmap images from Adobe Illustrator and paste it into XD, retaining its fidelity."
Could someone please confirm that copying and pasting images from Illustrator to XD on Mac is currently broken.
I tested with the latest update of XD on my Mac, and it works as intended. I am able to copy a linked PNG file from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe XD without any issues.
Can you provide me with more info on how to reproduce your issue so that I can try again?
I have the same issue
MacOS sierra version 10.12.5
Both Illustrator and XD are updated to the latest version
i would like you to do the following test inside Illustrator:
* Drag an image inside AI
* File -> Save As -> Choose "SVG"
* From the displayed dialog "Svg Options", make sure "Embed" option is checked instead of "Link"
* If you changed the option press OK so that Illustrator remembers your preference
* Copy the art with linked image and paste in XD
Does it display the image?
Here is the SVG options dialog on my OSX machine:
It works, but I took a while to save the file into SVG, is there any other way to do it, having the illustrator file saved as .ai? Thanks
Thankyou for reaching out. I would like to update the discussion on how to open illustrator file into XD.
To open an Illustrator file in XD, do one of the following:
- In XD, select File > Open. Navigate to the required folder, select an .ai file, and open in XD. You can also use the Cmd+O (Mac), or Ctrl+O (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
- Drag the Ai file over the XD icon (on Mac only).
- Right-click the Illustrator file and select Open with > XD from the sub menu.
Here’s a list of what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.html
Hope it helps.